𝐱𝐱𝐯𝐢

𝐀𝐃𝐄𝐋𝐀𝐈𝐃𝐄 𝐖𝐎𝐊𝐄 𝐔𝐏 𝐈𝐍 soft bedsheets, in arms that were not her own. She looked behind her to be met with the gorgeous eyes of the girl she loved.

'Good morning you.' Wanda smiled and Adelaide turned around so she was facing the red-head. They sat up together, the soft cushions behind their backs propping them up nicely. Their thoughts swelled in each other's minds, sharing things impossible to voice. Adelaide didn't ask what had happened, she didn't need to; Wanda showed her through visions and memories and countless unending thoughts.

'Are they home?' Adelaide asked through their connection.

'Natasha, yes. Steve, no.' Wanda revealed and Adelaide jumped out of her bed in haste to see her best friend. 'Wait.' Adelaide spun around at the door and looked at Wanda. 'Just... be sensitive with Pietro please, you really scared the shit out of him.' Adelaide rolled her eyes.

'I scared the shit out of him?' She asked, opening the door and leaving through it, running across the hallway and skidding when she got to Natasha's open door. She stood with her hand gripping onto the doorframe, panting as she stared at Natasha unpacking the few items of clothing she'd packed for Venice. Natasha's head turned and her eyes met with Adelaide's.

'Tasha.' Adelaide breathed, filled with relief and happiness as she ran towards the agent. When their bodies collided, Natasha lifted her up and spun her round before grabbing her in a tight embrace. 'Jesus Christ I thought-' Adelaide stopped herself before going on, and tugged out from Natasha and looked her in the eye.

'You have some explaining to do.' Natasha said, to Adelaide's confusion. 'The massive burn marks on the walls in the lounge?' Natasha's look could've been described as concern, but Adelaide saw it more as a telling off.

'I uh.... The thing... on the TV?' Adelaide avoided the word as much as she could, she didn't want to fall back into herself, didn't want to relive those horrors. Wanda hadn't made herself evident enough in Adelaide's mind that she was able to be sensed in the nightmares of the night before, so Adelaide was oblivious to the fact Wanda knew a small fraction of what plagued her. Natasha smiled gently at Adelaide and hugged her again, softly.

'I need to get to Berlin, Steve's there with Tony and Barnes, he picked a fight with the king of Wakanda.' Adelaide's eyes widened.

'The king of Wakanda? The country?' Natasha rolled her eyes.

'Yes the country, idiot. Anyway, you've gotta stay here with Wanda and Vis.' Adelaide expected Natasha to mention Pietro as well, maybe she'd just forgotten.

'What about Pietro?'

'He's coming with me.' Was Nat's blasé answer, as she began unpacking her things again and throwing the clothes in her black washing basket. Then grabbing new clothes and going back and forth between her bag and her drawers, Adelaide following close next to her.

'What? He's going but I'm not?' Adelaide questioned, her feet quiet on the black carpet of Natasha's mostly black, sleek room.

'The government want to make him a US citizen. He's got the best chance after Sokovia, and the fact no one saw him in Lagos.' Natasha explained, making Adelaide stop dead in her tracks. She wanted to be happy for him, she really did. But she wasn't; it didn't seem fair that neither her nor Wanda were able to become an actual citizen, and not live off the fact they were only allowed to stay in the country as they'd saved the world a couple times.

'That's.... great!' Was Adelaide's sweet response, her eyes dulling.

'Anyways, I'll see you later? Stay out of trouble, and if you have an episode, don't hesitate to call me, I've told Wanda the same thing. And Vision... be nice.' Natasha smirked at Adelaide before kissing her forehead then striding out the door of her room, Adelaide close behind her.