𝐱𝐱𝐯𝐢𝐢

𝐬𝐡𝐞 𝐝𝐨𝐞𝐬𝐧'𝐭 𝐨𝐩𝐞𝐧 𝐮𝐩 𝐭𝐨 𝐩𝐞𝐨𝐩𝐥𝐞,
𝐦𝐲 𝐬𝐢𝐬𝐭𝐞𝐫.
𝐛𝐞 𝐡𝐚𝐩𝐩𝐲 𝐬𝐡𝐞 𝐟𝐞𝐥𝐭 𝐜𝐨𝐦𝐟𝐨𝐫𝐭𝐚𝐛𝐥𝐞 𝐭𝐨 𝐬𝐡𝐚𝐫𝐞
𝐰𝐢𝐭𝐡 𝐭𝐡𝐞 𝐥𝐢𝐤𝐞𝐬 𝐨𝐟 𝐲𝐨𝐮.

The guardians were sweating profusely after saving another planet from some sort of monster; Rocket and Drax had done most of the work as the monster needed to be destroyed with brute force more so than anything else, however they all were sufficiently tired. Gamora and Quill sat next to each other on the ship as it overlooked a sunset painted with orange and pinks and the white of clouds overhead.

'How many siblings do you have, man?' Peter asked, not looking at Gamora but at the sky above, squinting his eyes in curiosity at the question he'd asked. Gamora looked at him.

'That was a very strange and random question, Quill.' Was her response, flicking her hair delicately behind her shoulder.

'Meh, I'm all about that spontaneity.' He said. Gamora shrugged, hearing the others roar with laughter, drunk, in the lower quarters of the ship.

'Six. My brother Ebony Maw, Proxima Midnight who is my older sister. There are two brothers who are actually related and that's Corvus Glaive and Cull Obsidian. Of course you know Nebula.' She shot a small look, jokingly, in Quill's direction. He looked at her then, his eyes wide with pure love and happiness.

'How could I ever forget her.' He joked, keeping his focus on her now as she spoke.

'And then there's my youngest sister, Adelaide.' Gamora gazed off into the high clouds, leaving Quill with a confused expression. He had never heard a whisper of the name.

'Younger? How old's she then?' Quill asked, his head slightly tilted. Gamora scoffed before answering, more in disbelief than anything.

'The last time I saw her? She was what...? Twelve? Yeah, but now? My she must be around seventeen.' Was her small answer as she imagined her sister being so old, she'd never thought she would be, it just never crossed her mind.

'Jesus man, that's young to be working for Thanos isn't it?' But Gamora looked at him with a small smile.

'She didn't work for him, not at first. No Adelaide was human, so we thought. She was Thanos' favourite child and it must've been hell. Every other week some enemy of Thanos would end up getting their hands on her, using her as leverage. She was unable to protect herself for ages, but she soon was able to hold her own, she developed these amazing abilities.' Gamora's face lit up as she remembered when Adelaide ran into her room, eleven years old, and jumping up and down in anticipation ready to show her older sister these new powers she had. The way her little hands moved around as she struggled to lift a small knife from Gamora's counter.

Her face dropped when she remembered everything that had happened between them, the fights they'd had about how Gamora let Thanos treat Nebula, about how Gamora didn't fight for anyone but herself. 'What happened to her? I mean you talk about her in the past tense.' Quill's questions were calculated, he didn't want to say anything and risk upsetting Gamora, but she remained unfazed, as if immune or blocking out the pain.

'She was taken when she was on Earth. Thanos had a way of tracking her, and we must've been up for days searching the planet again and again to no avail. We assumed she'd been taken off world, we've been searching ever since.' A small tear dripped from Gamora's face as she thought how she hadn't been looking, not since she became a guardian.

'That sucks.'

'Yeah, it does. I was such a shit sister. All I want is to find her.'

。・:*:・゚★,。・:*:・゚☆   。・:*:・゚★,。・:*:・゚☆

Adelaide and Wanda sat down in the lounge together, facing the kitchen as they slumped down on different sofas, reading. Adelaide's head was buried in A Court of Thorns and Roses, whereas Wanda was enjoying Romeo and Juliet, a classic she'd read a hundred times over. Vision walked in and sat down on one of the arms of Wanda's sofa, Adelaide didn't acknowledge him after the conversation she and her girlfriend had had.

'No one dislikes you, Wanda.' He spoke up, touching his fingers together as the words escaped his mouth. Wanda's head perched up from her book, her eyes grazing the top of it.

'Thanks.' Was her reply, and she was fully prepared to keep reading, when Vision spoke again.

'Your welcome.' He said. 'No, it's a... involuntary response in their amygdala. They can't help but be afraid of you.' Adelaide's attention was grabbed with that sentence as she felt a tinge of disappointment spark from Wanda, though she covered it by a show of confidence, placing her book down and sitting up slightly.

Wanda's counter response was a question. 'Are you?' Vision didn't hesitate with his answer.

'My amygdala is synthetic, so....' Both Wanda and Adelaide giggled slightly, Adelaide faking it really, but she wanted to try get along with Vision, and when he heard her laugh for the first time, his smile was very great. Wanda pondered what she would say, and when she decided on it she turned around so she faced both people.

'I used to think of myself one way... But after this,' Wanda paused to lift her hand and dance red energy between her fingers. 'I am something else.' She looked from the energy to Vision, then to Adelaide. 'I'm still me, I think but that's not what everyone else sees.' Wanda smiled gently at both people, and Adelaide sat her book on the table next to her sofa and walked over to Wanda, placing her leg over her and straddling her hips; the girl kissed her head, then turned so she lay next to her, intertwining their fingers under the soft blanket they were under.

Vision looked at Wanda and Adelaide and smiled at them. 'You know I don't know what this is?' The robot tapped the gemstone in the middle of his head, Adelaide watched it illuminate slightly, as if calling to her come get me, come use me, reclaim me. She shut out the thoughts. 'Not really. I know it's not of this world, that it powered Loki's staff, gave you your abilities but....' His hand continued to hover over his forehead, like he was trying to attempt to find out what it's origins and plan was. 'It's true nature is a mystery. And yet it is a part of me.'

Adelaide and Wanda shuffled in their seats, as if finally realising that Vision was not too dissimilar from them, Adelaide looked at the robot now with a newfound respect. 'Are you afraid of it?' Adelaide asked, thinking about her own abilities and looking towards the blanket instead of Vision.

'I wish to understand it. The more I do the less it controls me. One day, who knows? Maybe I shall control it.' Vision's answer touched both of the girls' minds, they both felt the shifts in thoughts between them.

'All this talk is making me hungry.' Adelaide didn't want to voice her thought out loud, but made sure Wanda knew.

'You wanna go to the shop?' Wanda asked, making the girl nod. The pair got up from the sofa, hand in hand and Vision's face was painted with confusion. Adelaide noticed and explained what they were doing to him.

'We're going to pop to the shop for some ingredients to make some dinner, I'm starved.' Adelaide even smiled at the robot, but whatever friendship she was endeavouring to create would soon be shattered. Vision's face twisted with a tinge of fear and thought.

'Or maybe...' He began, walking towards the girls, who looked sceptical at Vision's sudden urge to object to their idea. 'We could order a pizza?' He smiled slightly, as if that would convince them.

'Vis. We're going to leave now.' Wanda said slowly, trying to ease him into the idea, but Vision was persistant.

'I can't let you do that.' He said and Adelaide rolled her eyes and walked further to Vision.

'You ever tried to re-wire yourself? How about you move and let us leave or I'll try it out.'