ʕ15ʔ Promise

Author

"You almost got caught!" Beomgyu half-yelled.

"I'm sorry okay?" Ryujin said while walking fast.

They are on their way to the back of the school so they can talk peacefully. She sure hopes that no one from them is following her.

"Okay, I think we're safe here." Ryujin placed everything, including him on the bench.

"I was so nervous." Beomgyu held his chest.

"So, was I." She replied and drank her water.

"Seriously? There are so many reasons and you said 'lucky charm'?" He asked.

"I didn't have time to think furthermore. I think they bought it though." She said and sat down as she also looked at him.

"I don't think so." Beomgyu sat beside her.

"Really?"

"I kinda um overheard some conversations of your friends earlier while you weren't around."

Ryujin put down her water bottle and faced him.

"What is it?" Worry was written all over her face.

"They just think you are acting kinda unusual and acting weird these days. Well, some of them. One of your friends said that you were normal for them. I don't who spoke that though. But I agree with them. Don't you act like this all the time?" He explained.

She released a sigh. "Well, I don't know too. It depends on my mood. Let them think about what they want. This will be over soon and you can go back to normal. So it's all good." She shrugged and faced away from him.

"I'm kinda nervous about going back actually." Beomgyu admitted and fidgeted his soft paws.

"Why?"

"I really want to change for the better. I don't know if I can do that in my human form when I know how almost all of the students see me as a bad guy."

Ryujin smiled at him and patted his back.

"Don't worry. You still have plenty more time. We aren't done with the letters yet."

"True."

"Plus, I'm here. I can help you with things." She added as Beomgyu looked at her.

"Let's go. I still have classes." Ryujin picked him up and placed him inside her bag and closed it.

"She's really willing to help me." Beomgyu mumbled.

He saw the zipper opened again and saw Ryujin peeking.

"And I promise I won't leave you alone again." She said while smiling and closed the bag again

Beomgyu chuckled and shook his head while he made himself comfortable inside her bag.

...

Ryujin

"Your classes are done?" I heard him ask from inside my bag.

"Yeah, I think so." I let him out of my bag.

"What are we doing here?" He said while scanning the place.

We are in the practice room. I brought him here because I remember Ms. Hirai's words.

"About the dance that Ms. Hirai told me?" I sat down on the floor.

"Oh, that."

"Are you planning on joining it next month?" I asked him.

"I am actually. But." Beomgyu pointed at himself. "This."

"What if you go back to normal sooner than you think?"

"What if right? But still, I wouldn't be able to learn the choreography on time."

"Then we'll start now." I stood up and played the song.

"But how?" He asked.

"Just watch."

...

"Wow, I have never seen you dance like that." He exclaimed.

"You don't attend class." I replied and drank my water as he gave me a mad look.

"I'm not wrong though. And hey you look cute with that face." I pointed at him.

I speak my thoughts.

He tsked. "So how exactly am I gonna learn that?"

"Ms. Hirai actually gave me a video of her and Mr. Jung dancing that." I grabbed my phone and scrolled through my gallery.

"Mr. Jung?" He asked.

Of course, he doesn't know him. He skips school.

"The new dance teacher in another grade level." I gave him my phone.

"Wait, so this is a duo choreo?" He asked as I bobbed my head.

"So I'm partnered with you?"

"Not exactly. Ms. Hirai just told me to teach you the choreography. I think the partners will be chosen by Ms. Hirai and Mr. Jung themselves. And those two who will get chosen will be the ones performing on the event." I explained.

"If only two people will get picked, then why bother every student to learn the choreography?" He asked in confusion.

Attend class next time, kid.

"Like Ms. Hirai said. This is a very strict event and two of the best dancers in class will be chosen as this will represent our school AND will be hosted by our school."

Beomgyu made an "oh" expression and continued watching the video.

"Let's start." I stood up as he followed.

"You sure this gonna work when I'm like this?" He said and looked at huge mirror in front of him. "Damn, I look so small."

I gave a chuckle. "Definitely."