ʕ29ʔ Meet up

Author

"B-Beomgyu?" Ryujin stuttered and pointed at him.

"Yeah..Hi-" He was cut off when the girl gave him a tight hug.

"I was wondering what happened to you." She spoke.

"I'm okay." Beomgyu patted her back. "And I'm back, look!" They separated from the hug and smiled.

"I'm so glad to see you again." Ryujin smiled at him as he smiled back.

"So..what's your answer to my question earlier?" Beomgyu asked.

Ryujin tilted her head in confusion which Beomgyu found cute, and that made him chuckle.

"Can you stay?" He asked once again.

Her eyes lit up and nodded excitedly. Both of them starting walking along the sides of the river.

"Since when did you change back?" Ryujin looked up to him.

"Earlier, when I woke up in the morning." Beomgyu replied looking down at her.

Now the tables have turned. That was so cute, oh my god. Okay, I'll stop.

Ryujin nodded and leaned along the railings while Beomgyu did the same.

"What were you doing here in Hangang?" Ryujin asked.

"Aren't I suppose to be the one asking you that?" Beomgyu asked her back. "What are you doing here in Hangang?"

Ryujin looked away in embarrassment. "Nothing, I just wanted to go here before I go home."

"Are you sure you aren't looking for me?" Beomgyu gave a grin as she playfully frowned at him.

"Why do you say that?"

"No no, I'm just kidding." Beomgyu chuckled and looked at the river.

"You are wearing your uniform."

"Yeah?"

"But you didn't go to school earlier?"

"So you were looking for me." Beomgyu teasingly smiled at her.

Ryujin closed her eyes in disbelief. "Bye, I'm leaving you here." She started walking away from him.

"Hey, I was just joking. Yes, I didn't go to school earlier just because." Beomgyu caught up with her. "I was nervous."

She stopped and looked at him. "Why?"

"I'm not sure if students already read the letters. It might be embarrassing to go to school, you know." He explained himself.

"Don't be embarrassed. I sacrificed my hands for those letters." Ryujin showed him her hand as he put it away.

"Poor, Ryujin's hands. I am so sorry." He caressed her hand and apologized to it.

She took her hand back and started walking again.

"Are you mad at me because I didn't go to school today?" He asked but she just kept on walking pretending to not hear anything.

"Ryujin!" He ran to her as she just kept on walking. "Come on, I just turned back to normal and you're ignoring me already." He pouted while walking behind her.

"Fine, I'll go to school tomorrow." Beomgyu gave up.

"As you should." Ryujin replied.

"Now can you please stop walking away from me?" Beomgyu held her arm to make her stop walking and she did.

"I need to go home. Mom's probably worried right now." She faced him.

"It's still early though." Beomgyu looked at his watch.

"It's not-"

Suddenly, Ryujin's phone rang. She fished out her phone and answered the call.

"What?"

"Where are you? Your mom contacted me asking if you are with me since you aren't home yet."

"Yes, I'm on my way home. I just unexpectedly met someone." She looked at Beomgyu who raised his brows.

"Be quick. Your mom is worried."

"Yes yes." She ended the call and put it back in her pocket.

"Beomgyu, I really need to go."

"Who was that?" He asked.

"Soobin."

Beomgyu unknowingly released a sigh and looked away.

"Go to school tomorrow, okay? I need to go now. Bye!" Ryujin waved and ran away from the boy who's left standing still watching her disappear from his sight.

...

Ryujin

I feel so awkward around Beomgyu. He's been with me for weeks but why am I feeling like this? Maybe it's because he's not a bear anymore. I have never seen that face up close. Okay, maybe Chaeryeong was right. He does look handsome BUT I feel so embarrassed and awkward around him.

Soobin just called me saying that my mom is already worried. Why didn't she just called me instead? Of course, I wasn't with him.

I felt bad for leaving Beomgyu alone there but I need to go home and I feel like I am acting all awkward around him. After all he heard from Chaeryeong for the past few days, I hope he's not getting an idea or something. I don't like him. I mean not in that way. Sure, as a friend-

"Ryu, where were you?" My mom suddenly went out of our gate.

"Hi, mom. Sorry." I gave her a hug. "I just met someone."

"Alright then."

...

"Chemistry homework." I slammed my pen on the desk.

I don't anything about this. What the hell is Butyronitrile? It sounds like an insect.

I heard a notification from my phone so I decided to check it out.

choibeomgyuu followed you!

I let out a chuckle when I saw that Beomgyu followed me on Instagram. How did he even found my account?

I tapped the follow back button and immediately saw a notification that someone dmed me.