prologue p1

It's the beginning of July, meaning one week until my 11th birthday, and I'm super excited. In my world the 11th birthday means that you can start going to the magical school for wizard and witches. That school for me is called Hogwarts, and luckily for me was homeschooled by my father Severus snape, who teaches potions at Hogwarts. He taught me basic spells and potions that would make my first year at Hogwarts easy.

I do not know my mom, she left when I was born, and my dad doesn't talk about it because he is a romantic and gets his heart broken way to easily. I do know that my mom was a witch and she had bright blue eyes. I look like my dad long black hair that almost looks blue in the light, and his long face, but I got my mothers eyes and her slender frame.

Our house isn't big, but my father and I both like to collect books so we have a huge library that replaces our living room. I was sitting in my favorite chair in the far corner of the library near a window that's blocked out with black curtains, and dad is sitting at the piano in the middle of the room, he was fiddling with a few keys and ended up creating a beautiful melody. Once he finished, he sat up straighter and called me over.

" as you surely know you will be going to Hogwarts this year, and I was thinking that we should try and beat the crowd at Diagon Alley and go on your birthday. I know you wont officially have your letter until after your birthday, but we know youre going either way." He said

"that sounds like a good idea, Im so excited, don't get me wrong I love it here, but I want to go to classes and meet new people"

"good Im glad you are excited, just know that you are smart and capable of anything. I want you to succeed in every class and If you are struggling tell me and i will help you" he said with a stern but caring voice. "Remember you need to be wary of what friends you make they will stick with you for your years at Hogwarts."
"you know I will, dad I promise. I love you."
"I love you too, dear"

The next week we went over to Diagon Alley, we went through the floo system so we didn't have to ride a broom.

Once we stepped out of the fireplace it was madness, all our efforts to miss the rush of school shopping only mad it worse. Dad and I huffed sigh at the same time and decided that I would go to Ollivanders while he gets the rest of the supplies, then we would meet back up and go home to make a special dinner for my birthday.

When I walked into Ollivanders I was instantly shocked the entire shop walls was lined with boxes of what I imagine to be wands. I walked up to the front desk and caught the attention of an older man with messy grey hair that stuck out in several different ways. Although the store was in chaos, he was surprisingly calm.

"oh hi there! Let me guess, raven hair, long beautiful face, and a slender frame.... You must be y/n Snape" he exclaimed excitedly

" yeah Im y/n. how- how did you know that?"

"trust me I remember every face and every wand that has been given out, and I remember your father walking in here quite a while ago with an eager face like yours. Now let me see." He said studying me intensely. He then ran into the back room and brought out three similar looking wands. All darker in tent and each of them had their own special traits. The first one had unknown symbols and numbers, the second had butterflies engraves into the handle and dispersing to the top of the wand, the third one was smooths and polished shining under the dim light.

He told me that the wand must choose the wizard or witch and that you cannot simply choose a pretty one and move on. After he said those words, he had me start flickering the wands while he talked to a boy with blonde hair.

When I flicked the wand with unknown engravings, it sent a flame right on top of Ollivanders head bursting into a tiny flame. Shocked he start rapidly hitting his head to put the flame out. It would have been laughable if I wasn't trying to apologize a million times. After the fire was out, he took the wand away from me and had me try wand number 2. When I flicked it a bunch of blue monarchs flew around me gracefully. Ollivander and all other customers stopped and stared at me and the butterflies making the blood rise to my cheeks, turning them bright red. The blonde boy snickered,

"oh come on any one can bloody do that, watch" he flicked the wand in his hand and send all the boxes of wands behind him down onto his head and he fell. I laughed so hard I had to sit down, even Ollivander was trying to hide his chuckle. When the blonde boy stood up, he walked over to me and asked my name trying to be intimidating but failing miserably because I was a solid inch or two taller

"uh y/n" I laughed

"well y/n my father will hear about this"

"okay so will mine, but he will laugh" I bit back. And with those words he stormed out not even getting a wand.

Ollivander let me buy the butterfly wand and I looked at the receipt the wand was made from laurel wood and had Veela hair as the core. And with that I left the store looking for my dad.

He wasn't hard to find, people didn't like him and chose to stand as far away from him as possible. It angered me but I couldn't do anything about it, he long ago accepted the glares and hushed whispered surrounding him In his right hand he was using his wand to make all the bags and supplies float in the air so he didn't have to carry them, in other hand he was carrying a crate or cage of some sort with a covering over it. He walked up to me and set the bags down beside me, although we were in the middle of the sidewalk it was okay because everyone suddenly decided to walk in the street.

"hey y/n Im sorry I took so long the robe store was busy, but I got you a birthday present" he said while he slowly started to uncover the cage reveal a tiny, black kitten with bright yellow eyes, that looked scared.

"Omg!! Thank you thank you thank you" I repeated taking the kitten in my arms, letting it know it was safe.
'I was thinking you should name him Ares like the Greek god of war, powerful, demanding, but smart ad wise" dad said

"Thats a beautiful name that I think suit him very well. Good job dad!" he smiled and he headed back to the fireplaces at the end of the alley.

Once we got home I took Ares and the stuff to my tiny room upstairs I cuddled with Ares and read some of the book I will need this year, excitement filling my veins. But I kept thinking of the blonde boy in Ollivanders today, I told dad about and he said that the blonde boy apart of the Malfoy family. A powerful pureblood family. i wondered why he decided to embarrass himself today. I went to bed wondering about it.

A few weeks passed, me and dad got the whole place packed up and ready to go to Hogwarts. Since he Is a teacher, we get to go to hogwarts a little bit early so he can set up. Im super excited about meeting all the teachers, seeing my dorm, since dad works there I got the choice of getting my own dorm, or having a regular dorm. i didnt want to miss out on all the fun of having roommates so i decided i would bunk with one other girl. i'm really nervous about getting sorted into a house depending on whether Im brave, smart, ambitious, or kind, but i do know that i will love it here.

It will be a journey, that im ready to take I think to myself as I watch the train pull I with all the other students of all ages.

a/n -
guys i don't know what i doing i'm really trying and i would love feedback i will listen and reply to everything thank you for reading the first chapter <3 Just comment for any ideas