prologue p5

I watched pansy board the Hogwarts express. Shes going home for Christmas this year. I cant go home since dad is working during the holiday,s so Im just going to stay here and spend it with him. Its sad im not going home though, I miss my old attic bed, and my books in my library that are now probably covered in dust.
Im walking the halls of the now empty school. Its covered In Christmas decorations like mistletoe under doorways, strings of popcorn hanging from the ceiling, tiny, decorated trees in the corners of walkways, and lots more.  I walked past a couple standing under the mistletoe kissing, well It looked more like they were eating each other's faces. I pretended to throw up and some fifth years laughed.
I worked my way down to the dungeons, in the common room, and to my tiny bookshelf full of library books. I grabbed a book that perked my interest and walked down to dad's classroom. When I walked in, I was hit with the typical cold air that seems to form in this room. What I didn't expected to see was dad in a whispered argument with a tall blonde man holding some sort of cane.
"Listen Lucius you can walk in my classroom and—hey y/n, what are you doing in here" dad said noticing me in the doorframe.
"oh I was just going to sit I here and read my book while you grade papers."
"ah who might this be Severus?" the blonde man who I assume to be Lucius said.
"Ugh, this is my daughter y/n, y/n this is Lucius Malfoy, Draco's dad. He is just leaving." Dad said sounding either annoyed, or nervous.
"no, no, no, Severus let me introduce myself. Draco's mention you before, he said you made a little bit of a fool of him in Ollivanders. tut-tut." he said, hitting his cane on the floor, "Now typically I would be disappointed, maybe even a little angry at you, but might i say I was impressed. You created a swarm of butterflies- was it?" he started walking around me, circling  me like a hawk. "it might be advised to become friends with my boy, you could teach him a thing or two. "
"that's enough Lucius. " dad said sternly. I don't know why but I was nervous, shaking almost. The way Lucius spoke to me, it made me think that he was threatening me. I made me dislike the Malfoy's, especially Draco even more.
"we will continue our conversation later, Severus. Merry Christmas y/n." Lucius said walking out of the classroom.
"im sorry about that y/n, we were... uh work partners a few years ago, and he was particularly upset in Draco's grade in this class, and In defense against the dark arts." Dad said trying to choose his words carefully.
"its alright." I said moving over to the front of the classroom, opening my book while dad took a seat at his desk reading through and grading papers.
A while pasted when I told dad I was tired. I left the potions classroom, and wondered the halls for a bit, just re-thinking that Lucius said to me, and the way he looked at me, like I was a prize he could win for his prized son. I wondered what was so special about me, im average looking, kinda smart, and I don't do sports. Maybe the Malfoys are going to use me to get to my dad. I don't know why but I felt hurt with that idea, that someone was using me because I was the "mean" teachers daughter. I felt water in my eyes, and the tears pooled over. I ran back into my dorm and fell asleep crying over nothing but my own thoughts.
I awoke to an empty dorm, my eyes puffy and red. I went to the bathroom and tried a spell to make the irritation go down, it worked and I walked out to the common, seeing the Slytherin common covered Christmas decorations that the House elves put together in the middle of the night. They moved a table from the middle of the room and replaced it with a huge tree. Under the tree were presents. It was Christmas morning I totally forgot due to the sadness my overthinking causes.
I ran to the tree, smiling and dug through my presents. It was the usual gifts I typically got from my dad: A sweater, books, and some new shoes. He wasn't the best at shopping and it always made me laugh thinking about him in a shoe store, with his black greasy hair and black robes.
I started to walk about from the tree, carrying my new gifts in my arms, when a small and shiny object under the tree caught my eye. I put the stuff in my room and went to get the object.  It was a small necklace with a Snake pendent on it. There was a letter attached to the necklace. The handwriting was messy but printed neatly like they were trying their best. It said:
Dearest y/n,
I know you. I know the way your eyes shine when you are happy, I know the dimpled smile you show to your friends. I know a lot about you, but I want to know more.
Your admirer
I was surprised to say the least. Im barely 11, and not interested with anyone. This note was creepy, almost stalkerish, just like Blaise was to me. It was clear to me now, of course it was Blaise. I just don't understand why he didn't give it to me himself, every first year knows his major crush on me.  I walked back to my dorm throwing the necklace into my jewelry box deep under my bed.

A/n this is the last prologue chapter!!!