chapter 5

Its been 2 weeks since the incident with Blaise. After last Friday I pulled myself together and spent this week trying to catch up on all the work I missed. I told everyone I was sick, and Draco luckily stuck to that story. I was worried that he would tell everyone what actually happened after our last conversation.

I have been trying to avoid malfoy the entire week, which was difficult because we were partners in potions, we pretended nothing happened between us, but secretly I was hurt by his words, they were true but they hurt. "fuck off malfoy!" I whispered to him next to potions, he was complaining that I know nothing about potions, which I do.

"oh yeah youd like that wouldn't you." He Smirked. I felt my cheeks turn a bright shade of pink. The bell rang ending potions, but dad walked over to me and asked me to stay. I walked up to his desk with him and sat in his usual seat.

"y/n hows schoolwork going?"

"its going good, Im pretty behind, but I will catch up this week. Sorry."

"y/n you took a week off and the same weekend Blaise shows up in the hospital with cuts and bruises all over him. What happened y/n? Im serious please tell me" he said looking at me, his eyes burning into mine.

"dad, nothing happened. I didn't even know Blaise was in the hospital."

"youre lying y/n, I know you are." He paused drawing in a breath. "youre dismissed." He said monotoned.

I left, making my way to Defense against the dark arts, Remus Lupin is teaching it this year, and he is letting us do a bunch of hands on stuff like today. He made us stand in front of a cabinet with a Boggart in it. It would transform into our worst fear, and we would have to repel the creature away with the Riddikulus spell. Neville went first, his biggest fear was my dad, and he repelled the boggarts away by making my dad wear grandma clothes, it would've been funny if I wasn't mad at dad, instead I walked right behind Neville and whispered,

"boo" He jumped like 100 feet in the air. I laughed so hard I almost forgot I skipped everyone in line making it my turn. The boggart changed into Blaise professing his love for me. I was stunned, I couldn't move. Draco moved up to where I was and stood in front of me, changing the boggart to an older version of Draco with his left arm covered in the death eater tattoo. Lupin moved in front of both of us fast enough that the only person that saw dracos fear was me.

He grabbed me by the arm and took me out of the classroom into a nearby storage closet. Like the other closet we were in when we played hide and seek, it wasn't very big, our chests were pressed together and there was no light. "y/n I kept your secret, now you keep mine. That fear is something no one knows about me, and I want it to stay that way." He said holding on to my shoulders, almost shaking them as if to make sure I understand what he is saying.
"alright Malfoy, I understand."

"thanks, erm" he responded almost as if he realized how close we were from each other. "do you want to talk about what happened in there?"

"not really, I was just trying to scare Longbottom a little bit, but now everyone knows my biggest fear is Blaise. I don't know what to do."

"just stay calm, remember if any one of those bloody Gryffindor's talk about what happened, they will have to deal with you" he laughed.
"aw Malfoy, you really do care." I joked back.
"no one said anything about caring Snape, just know that we are even now."  He left the closet and went to lunch.  

After all my classes I decided to go to the library to study in the comforting smell of old books, and old magic. After a while Pansy came and sat down by me. "hey Pans."

"hey y/n, why are you sitting in here, it smells like my grandma's house right before she died."

"okay, listen closely Pansy this smell is heaven and hell mixing to create the wonderful world of books." I joked.

"huh yeah sure whatever y/n." she paused "why Blaise?" those two words came out like a whisper but hit me like a train. My palms got sweaty; my breathing was staggered.

"I uh I don't know what you are talking about pansy." I gathered my things and went to dinner leaving pansy confused in the library.
After dinner I went to my dorm gathered blankets and pillows and went to the astrology tower. This spot slowly become my favorite spot to stop thinking for a while. It was still mid-September, so the sun was still out, and it was warm, but I panned on sleeping out here tonight and just look at the stars. A few hours passed when I heard footsteps walking up the tower. I was certain I was about to get caught when Malfoy walked up the stairs holding blankets and pillows. "ugh Malfoy what are you doing here" I jokingly tried sounding annoyed.

"augh Snape, I was going to come up here and look at the stars, but clearly you stole my spot."
"well Malfoy" I playfully dragged his name out "if you want the spot so bad, take it."

"no no y/n its okay. I promise. Can I sit up here with you?" He asked. I nodded and moved my stuff so he could sit by me.

"remember when you tried to cast out butterflies in Ollivander?" I joked

"oh piss off Snape." He laughed

"Draco, why did things have to change?" he looked confused. "I mean everything was perfect, good friends, nice dad, but now I just feel gross, and I lost a friend."

"things always have to change, y/n. sometimes for worst, sometimes for better. We never really know until its too late, and we are looking back on memories thinking that those were the good days." He responded.

"can I ask you something?"

"yeah sure y/n"

"why I s your biggest fear the death eater tattoo, he is gone?"

"y/n, youre being naïve, he will comeback one day, for Potter." I didn't know what to say so I grabbed my wand and let it sway in the air until a bunch of blue butterflies appeared like they did in the shop so long ago. One of them landed of dracos nose and his scrunched it, trying to get the butterfly off, I moved my hand to try to gently take the butterfly off, when he suddenly grabbed my wrist and kissed me, I was shocked, but I kissed back.

After a few moments that felt like they were stretched into years, he pulled away and said, "now I know why Zabini was obsessed with you." I hit his arm "too soon?" he asked, and I nodded putting my head on his shoulder, and we stayed like that all night

a/n 🤭