How far will he go?

Gwen holds her arms close to her chest. In hopes of hiding her body slightly shaking. Something the awful tasting potion can't stop. It might drive away the pain,but Gwen can feel her body starting to wear down. Closing her eyes Gwen leans back against the basement wall of the old witches house. While Damon and Stefan stand near one of Klaus's family coffins. Damon clutching a shovel and hitting the coffin with all his strength.

Her necklace gets warm, while a feminine voice whispers in her ear, "he is wasting his time."

Causing Gwen to jump and curse, turning to the side to see the ghost of Bonnie's ancestors. Who smiling flickers then disappears.

Both Damon and Stefan pause asking Gwen at the same time,"Are you alright?"

Nodding Gwen informs Damon, "She said you are wasting your time, Bonnie's ghostly ancestors I mean," Gwen touches her necklace, "I think the enchantment is fading."

"The ghost is right," Stefan tells Damon "It is not gonna open"

"Well maybe Gwen you could ask the ghostly witch how to open it?" Damon suggests.

Gwen shakes her head, "No and don't think she would tell me."

"can't you make her?"

Glaring she responds, "I don't have the strength to, it would take too much out of me in my current state."

Damon sighs,but before more can be said the sound of floorboards squeaking reaches their ears. Sharing a glance Stefan and Damon vamp speed upstairs. Gwen listens to sounds of fighting that last only a minute.

"At least it's one less Hybrid around," Damon comments as walks back into the room alone.

Prompting Gwen to question him, "Where is Stefan?"

"Burning the body and checking to see if we have more uninvited guests," his eyes fall back on the coffins, "Okay...Klaus has 6 siblings. Rebekah is with him now, one kid died in the old world, one died in the new world, which leaves Elijah and two others. Three sleeping originals, four coffins. So, who is in the locked box?"

"Who knows,but Bonnie believes whoever it is can help us kill Klaus," Gwen responds.

Her words are followed by Stefan who joins them, "The sooner Bonnie can open it we will find out if She is right, but it won't matter if the hybrids find our hiding place."

"And do you have a plan to get rid of them brother?" Damon asks.

"Well I got what Klaus wants, he does what I say or I dump his family to the bottom of the ocean."

Gwen chuckles, "oh I'm sorry but sounds like a great plan to get everyone killed."

Stefan crosses his arms, "Klaus is bluffing....his family means more to him than anything else, plus you are already dying," Gwen flinches at the causal way he says that, while Damon eyes cloud with anger "So I'm not putting you in any more danger then you already are."

I miss the Stefan that actually gave a shit about people.

"Thanks for the reminder, go ahead call his bluff  if you are so sure. If you are wrong I hope he doesn't kill you...living with the knowledge people you cared about died because of you is worse than dying.....trust me I know," Gwen looks into his eyes, glaring as no emotions she see no emotions reflected in his.

Stefan stares back unmoved by her words. Gwen's stomach twists, feeling of disgust consuming her. Disgust at the man before her, a coldness surrounding him she hasn't ever seen before. The caring heart Gwen knew is now gone, for a moment Gwen wishes she didn't come back. To see Stefan turn into this cold feature tears at her. Without another word Gwen turns and leaves, hearing Damon comment to Stefan about calling buffs only work if he is willing to lose everything if he is wrong.