Founder Party

Mouth-watering smells assault Gwens nose as she stands in Elena’s kitchen

Mouth-watering smells assault Gwens nose as she stands in Elena’s kitchen. Watching Elena as she cooks some chili. Damon also silently watching from besides Gwen. Heavy tension filling the air as they each try to ignore their troubles. Though Gwen wasn’t sure what Elena is daniel about.

Their silence is interrupted by Jenna’s voice, Alaric following behind her, “Oh bringing out the old family recipe.”

“ Yup,” Elena replies.

While Damon chimes in , “ Everyone brings chili to a potluck. I bet nine other families bring burning chilli,” He addresses Jenna and Alaric asking, “You two coming?”

“Ah these founder parties are not really my thing, “ Alaric answers turning his attention to Jenna, “unless you want to go? “

“Maybe ,” Jenna answers eyes going back to the others, “ So is there a reason Elena is cooking while you two are watching?”

Gwen shrugs , “Don’t ask me I was just told my support might be needed.”

“Damon thinks I’m going to break,” Elena answers, “I'm not, I am just going to keep making chili, pretend like I didn't just spend the entire summer looking for someone who didn't want to be found”

“She's in denial,” Damon half whispers.

“Umm of what?” Gwen asks, “Feel like I’m missing something.”

“During my little run from Wolfe and you following. Stefan found Elena and Alaric, “ Damon states, “Made it clear to Elena he is done and to leave him alone.”

“I’m not in denial and we are not going to talk about it anymore…."

Damon points at Elena's chest, “ I see you are still wearing that necklace from Stefan, “ Gwen rolls her eyes at his antics, “ So much for no denial.”

"Okay Alaric and Jenna are here, our support is no longer needed. So Damon time to go,"Gwen states already heading for the front door.

With a nod Gwen pass Caroline and Bonnie as she heads outside. Damon joins her in his car. A call from Caroline's mom Elizabeth has them driving to town square where they meet her. The three of them walking down a sidewalk.

“Hello Liz,” Damon greets Caroline's mom with his nickname for her.

“thank you for meeting me, “ Liz starts , “Unfortunately Mayor Lockwood called my ex-husband to torture Caroline.”

Gwen whistles, “That is just wonderful.”

“I've been keeping him detained to make sure the vervain out of his system. ,” Liz addresses Damon, “So you could, you know...,” she points to her eyes.

“Compel him,” Liz nods earning a shrug from Damon, “Can't we just kill him?”

Gwen smacks his arm while Liz replies , “ No, Damon! He's Caroline's father.”