Calm before the storm

Gwen carefully makes her way towards the ruins of Fells Church, where Emily Bennett sealed twenty-seven vampires in its underground tomb

Gwen carefully makes her way towards the ruins of Fells Church, where Emily Bennett sealed twenty-seven vampires in its underground tomb. Now, it is empty thanks to Bonnie Bennett and her grandma breaking their ancestors spell. Crickets and birds are her only company in the night. Natasha, a woman with brown curls, eyes and copper skin walks silently ahead of Gwen, who is a woman part of a powerful group who stop people from finding the crystal.

Thanks to Damon's unwavering steady presence beside her, no fear licks at Gwen as she follows Natasha.Reaching their destination, Gwen spots a familiar man,who is nicely dressed with black receding hair and eye color.

"Colton," Gwen greets him, " I appreciate that you are not resorting to kidnapping and threats this time."

"I hope you now see that we do not need to be enemies and that we can arrange meetings like civilized people," Colton answers as Natasha moves to stand beside him, "Though I had hoped to speak to you alone."

Damon snorts, "Sorry, but we don't trust you, nothing personal," Damon smirks , "While maybe a tiny bit personal. "

Gwen shrugs, "He has a point. When Natasha showed up, I didn't know if she was gonna knock me out. Anyway what do you want?"

"That depends on your," Colton replies, " Now that Klaus has left town, what do you want miss Jordan? What are you going to do?"

Damon releases an annoyed sigh, "Just ask about what you want to know already."

Colton asks, "Are you still looking for the crystal? "

"No," Gwen replies honestly, thinking At least not right now, and maybe never unless I find a way to destroy it. She keeps her thoughts to helf instead saying, "You can leave town now."

"Yes," Colton nods, "Some will stay behind...to make sure you are not lying."

Gwen shrugs, "Do what you want. I have other things to worry about."

Without replying, Colton and Natasha leave first. Turning around, Gwen and Damon make their way back home. Gwen doesn't pull back as Damon's hand grabs hers. Abruptly, Damon stops, pulling Gwen to his chest, earning a small laugh from Gwen and a smile.

"It is a nice night for a long walk," Damon suggest with a wink.

Still smiling, Gwen reminds him, "We have a party to get to."

"No need to rush. Besides, Carolina and Bonnie got it under control," Damon argues.

Her protest is cut off by Damon's lips meeting hers. All thoughts escape her as their lips move as one. Releasing Damon's hands, she clutches his shirt, while one of his finds its way into her hair and the other pulling her body closer. Gwen allows herself to get lost in Damon, without fear, drowning in his bliss, and not wanting to resurface. The need for air forces Gwen to pull away. Breathing heavily, she leans her forehead against his.