searching for Stefan

Charlotte blinks while straightening her neck

Charlotte blinks while straightening her neck. Unbearable heat brings Gwen's attention to her pant pocket. Wincing at the uncomfortable heat, Gwen grabs her cell phone, to find a black screen with words flashing across it. ‘Destroy it, before fate catches you,’ the phone mysteriously displays. 

Unsettled Gwen licks her lips with her attention returning to Charlotte, “How? Tell me How….”

Slowly Charlotte lifts up her left hand towards Gwen, messaging a silent offer for Gwen to plunge into Charlotte’s past. With just one touch, Gwen could witness a part of history forgotten. With her eyes still glued on Charlotte's outstretched hand, she is torn between wanting to take it and run far away. To somewhere that no ghost or family secrets would find her. She can't forget the other times ghosts’ forced their memories on her.Erupting in flashes of blood pouring out of their chest. Their piercing screams still haunt her dreams.

Will Charlotte's be clear like Sam's, or just like the others? Does she have more than her own death to show? I have to dive to find out.

Before she can commit, her necklace is forced back into her hand. Charlotte disappears, as Gwen's eyes fall on Damon, worry written all over his face. Pointing to her necklace, Damon asks, “Are you going to tell me why you took that off?”

“I’m okay,” Gwen reassures him, “Promise….I was just using my power in hopes of getting some answers.”

Damon nods his face, returning to a more relaxed mood, “Right. Well, next time, how about you let me know first. It’s a little unsettling finding you with your eyes glazed over or out of focus.”

“Will do.”

“Alaric called,” Damon informs her, switching topics, “Apparently, Elena convinced him to go help her search for Stefan in the smoky mountains.”

“Road trip?”

“Yup,” Damon answers, “Someone's gotta keep Elena from getting herself and Alaric killed.”

Nodding in agreement, Gwen follows him to his car, clasping her necklace around her neck. While Damon drives, she drifts off to sleep. Charlotte’s warning was now gone from her phone, but now, instead, haunting her mind. Rotten hands grab her face and limbs dig into her skin, forcing her down into the giant black hole, ignoring her screams and useless struggles of protest. Gwen jolts awake as Damon parks his car. Hand in hand, they silently walk through the smoky mountains, passing trees and rough ground, and a small river . They quickly find their intended targets.

“Alright, field trip is over,” Damon announces as he vamp speeds to a shocked Elena, “We are leaving.”

"How did you two fund us?” Elena asks, her eyes going to Gwen, who points at Alaric, “ You ratted me out.”

While Alaric sits on a tree stump,with a black backpack by his feet, he nods, “Did you really think I take you out during a full moon to a mountain range, full of werewolves, without backup,” he states.