chapter 9

TW: eating disorder, and drugs mentioned

--

The sunlight seeped through the grand windows of Finn's apartment. He lived in the 6th floor of the apartment building getting a very nice view of the city. He was currently in his living room putting on his shoes accompanied with Grace who was sitting on the couch watching as he struggled putting his shoes on in a hurry.

"what time will you be done with practice?" Grace asked while Finn shrugged as he tied his shoelaces. "well I was thinking we could go watch a movie. We haven't hung out in a while just us two" she says getting up from the couch walking to the front door while Finn grabs his keys.

After Millie appearing in the picture Finn and Grace haven't had their alone time. Anytime she wants to hang out or just be around him he has an excuse. Maybe it's because all he thinks about is Millie and never pays attention to his girlfriend.

"I'll let you know when practice is over." he replies back as he opens the door letting her walk out first and follows behind her closing the door behind him.

Once they are out of the apartment building they both walk hand in hand down the street. During the walk Grace tells Finn about a new friend that she's made and was going to meet up with her at the cafe. She also informs him about anything else that's new in her life. Finn doesn't say much other than nod his head and hum back as a response.

Once they arrive at the cafe she gives him a hug and kisses him waving bye at him before entering the cafe doors. He then continues his walk to the studio where band practice is held at all the time. As soon as he gets there he begins to set up everything and making sure everything is in place. He was fully concentrated on tuning his guitar, he didn't even notice someone come in and it's not who he was expecting to see.

"sorry I thought Ayla was here" Millie says as she stands there awkwardly not knowing if she should stay and wait for Ayla or to leave.

"She's not here yet, but you can stay if you want." he suggests to the brunette. She nods making her way to the couch taking a seat.

"Ayla told me you guys are competing" she says. There was a battle of the bands that was being held in a couple of weeks. The winning band will win a grand prize and have their own performance.

"Yeah the competition starts in two weeks from now."

"i'm sure you guys are going to win" she stated giving him a smile to which he smiled back. "so do you need any help?" she offers but he shakes his head indicating that he didn't need help but in that moment he knocked over the drum set.

A small laugh escapes her lips seeing how clumsy he is just like her making her remember the memories they've once shared. She stands up from the couch walking over to him helping him gather and put the pieces back together. For a second their hands brushed against each other before Millie pulled away when a voice was heard from behind.

"what did you do Finn?" Ayla asked referring to the drum set. She put down her coffee on the table that was placed next to the couch before walking over to Finn and Millie helping fix the drum set.

A few minutes later Malcolm and Jack both came in taking off their jackets before they started practice. Millie watched completely focused on the band, she closed her eyes letting herself enjoy the music and melody but most importantly loving the sound of Finn's voice.

After two hours they decided to end practice, Jack suggested that they should all go to a restaurant down the street. They all agreed gathering their stuff to leave. Millie wasn't sure if she wanted to go but Ayla somehow convinced her to go with them.