Chapter 7

-- 

It's night time, she's staring blankly at the ceiling not wanting to fall asleep even though her body needs it. She doesn't want to have and relieve the same nightmare over and over again only for her to wake up in sweat, scared and to be reminded what almost happened. 

She looks to her right seeing the bright glowy red numbers displayed on the clock, 4:50 am. She's been starring at her ceiling for 3 hours now. She had finished reading a book, she watched Netflix, just to try to keep herself busy and awake. 

She took of her covers that were on top of her body, she slipped on her slippers and made her way out her bedroom. She went to the kitchen looking for some coffee to help her stay awake but there was none.

She sighed grabbing her keys before leaving the apartment. She walked on the empty side walk, looking around at how quiet it was around her, it brought her comfort. She finally arrived at the cafe, she was glad it was open. She pushes the door open and is instantly greeted by the smell of coffee and the delicious pastries that were just baked. 

She ordered her coffee as well as a bagel and two muffins for Ayla. Her order was done she thanked the barista and walked out to find Finn. She avoided eye contact as she walked past him she hoped he would get the hint that she doesn't want to talk to him but he didn't. He called out her name catching up to her.

"What" she said a bit to harsh, making him rethink if he should have just left her alone.

"Ima go now" she said as she began to walk away from him again.

"Can I walk you home. We don't have to talk, just let me take you home" he said. He wanted to make sure she got home safe, he just wanted to make things right with her again.

she sighed "fine" 

She walks back to him and waits outside of the cafe while he goes in and grabs himself a coffee. She thought as to why he would be out this early, he was probably out with Grace but really he was with Sadie and Caleb. Once he comes out with his coffee in his hand they start walking side by side in silence. 

They've been walking in silence until Millie decided to ask something "When's your next gig?" she asked before taking a drink of her coffee almost causing her to make a disgusted face due to it's bitterness.

"In 2 weeks."

"So how did Calpurnia form?" she says making Finn smile. It seemed as if she was making an effort to talk to him, which made him glad.

"Well we've all known each other since we were kids and well Ayla Jack and Malcolm went to the same school and well we still kept in touch. They told me that they wanted to form a band and I agreed.

 "You all seem like a family, it's nice that you guys have each other."

"Yeah. We're thinking of actually releasing some music and I've decided to move here and transfer to the same university." he said making her realize that he won't be 353 miles away from her, he'll be closer to her. She thought she would be happy to have him closer but she's not. She just wants to forget everything.

"Oh um well thanks for walking me home, bye" she said. She entered her apartment complex and walked to hers. She entered seeing Ayla awake eating cereal.

"Hey" Millie says closing the door behind her and setting down the keys. She handed Ayla the bag that had the two muffins.

"couldn't sleep?" she asks noticing the coffee.

"No and before you yell at me Finn walked me home. So I was not out alone"

"Finn?"

"Yeah he saw me at the cafe and offered to walk me home."

"Millie you need to talk to him, you need to tell him."

"I know I should, but I won't." he was there for her when her world was falling down. He was the one by her side, cared for her, loved her.

"He left me, ghosted me, made me feel stupid. I don't want to be near him, I don't want him to hurt me again." she said. Her heart couldn't take another heart break, she just can't handle anything else. She's on the verge of breaking, and not being able to be fixed.

"What about-" Ayla began but was cut off.

"I don't want to talk about it" she says making Ayla nod understanding why she doesn't.

"I'm going to go get ready" she says before she walks to her room. All she wanted was to forget everything, to not feel anymore, to just be normal.

---

its my birthday so i thought i would update, sorry its bad

i probably wont update for a while but i just want to thank you all for just reading, voting, and commenting I really appreciate it :)

bye