II

"What's a pretty girl like you, doing here in Manhattan?", Patrick asked me.
"Not sure, It was calling my spirit, and so, I came here. Trying new things isn't too bad, is it?", I asked in reassurance.
"Of course not.", he replied. A long pause awaited, the energy shifted into awkwardness but I didn't mind. Something about him is so alluring, I thought to myself. I found him staring at me, But it wasn't just a stare, It was a-

   BEEP, BEEP, BEEP

   I groaned out loud, covering my face with my covers. "Are you fucking serious right now! We didn't even get to the good part yet!", I yelled, acting as if someone was in the room with me. I got up and laid eyes on the business card Patrick had given me the night before. I daydreamed for a moment about our encounter. I looked at my phone and noticed I had 4 missed calls from Daniel.

   "Missed call from Daniel (4)"

   Sudden emotions of guilt came to me, I felt bad that I've been thinking about a random man, that's probably twice my age. I've been talking to Daniel for about 4 months. He's a Harvard arts major, born with a silver spoon in his mouth. Since he lives in Massachusetts, I only typically see him once a month, but from time to time, he likes to come twice or even three times whenever he has the chance to. His parents and my parents act like their family, which sometimes makes the thought of us gross to me, but if I were to ever stop seeing Daniel, my parents would disown me. I called him back to see why didn't he show up to our date last night, maybe I would get answers.

   "Y/N! Hey! How are you, dear?", Daniel asked.
"Hey, Daniel. I'm fine. Uhm, what happened last night?"
"That's what I wanted to uh, erm talk to you about, Y/N. Look, I'm sorry about what happened. I had to run errands for my dad and it ended up taking a while. I wished I told you in advance, but I wasn't able to.", he pleads.
"Oh, it's fine! Don't worry about it, I'm sure we can plan this another time, yeah?", I said while rolling my eyes.
"Yes, that would be delightful. Did you have to pay anything last night?  I would have paid everything for you, but you know!"
"Yeah but don't even worry about it, It's fine."
"Oh..."

   I chuckled, I had nothing else to say. I just wanted to end the call already, but that isn't a choice when it comes to him. "Well, okay sweetheart! I have to get back to studying so maybe we can chat later?", Daniel asked me.
"Yes, sounds fun", I said, knowing I wasn't going to.
"Take care", he told me.
"You too! Bye."
"Bye."

   Finally, literally 4 minutes of pure hell was over. I took off my clothes, and went into the shower to start off my day.