Step 1: Irken History Lesson

Dib's Notes:
- See if it triggers any memories?
- This requires great care and focus, too much confusion may overload the system.

~

"Gir!" Zim called. The two would have to go to school today. But what to do with their unexpected guest? "Stranger!" He called as well, after some thought.

"I have a name," the stranger— doctor? Therapist? Scientist?— rubbed at his eyes, descending the stairs. He was still wearing the coat he'd shown up in the day before.

"I'm sure you do," Zim folded his arms, "And I'm sure it's wonderful, but that is not of import. You are going to have to find something to do today. Away from my home."

"Why?" the stranger yawned. Gir nearly knocked the man over when he barrelled down the stairs.

"Because I'm not leaving some stranger alone in my house for an entire school day!" Zim rolled his eyes. Maybe he was too harsh with the stranger, he was a foreigner after all. "This is how things work in America. You could come to school with me, I suppose."

"Go to what?" the stranger— what was his name? Ding?— hit his bag, it seemed to jolt him into consciousness. Weird. He'd have to remember to ask him about it later.

"School." Zim repeated, exasperated. This "Irken Empire" must be some sort of third-world country. No, that was offensive to third-world countries. Fourth-world , then. "Sounds like you need it, too."

"No, no, that's" the stranger blinked, as though remembering something. "Wait, you can't— I need you here,"

"I think things are moving a little too quickly, Ding," Zim stepped back from the stranger, who was advancing on him quickly. "I don't even know you!"

"It's Dib," the stranger— Dib! He remembered now— grabbed for his shoulder, "You don't understand, I wanted to... teach you about my... country."

"Let me teach you something about mine," Zim dodged Dib's hand. "We don't do... whatever it is you're doing here. Seriously, personal bubble. Do whatever you want, but stay out of my house." Zim opened the door, allowing Gir to escape and run ahead. "And stop staring. It's creepy."

Zim gestured out the open door, and the two shared a tedious stalemate for a few moments before Dib left. Zim closed and locked the door behind him, and strode ahead of the scientist to catch up to his younger brother.

~

Great. Now Dib was locked out of the only other Irken technology on this damned planet. And Zim was off to 'School', a completely non controlled environment with dozens of humans. Not the best place to try and remind Zim of his culture. He briefly wondered how the humans didn't suspect anything. It wasn't as though his disguise was any good. The humans, Dib learned, had a wide variety of skin tones. To his understanding, green was not one of them. Not to mention the lack of facial extremities and the obnoxiously gelled wig. Come to think of it, he had a lot of questions. Questions he could get answers to in due time, once he got Zim alone.

Step one. History lesson. Dib wandered the streets, trying to track Zim's path to school. He wasn't trained for this! Why would the Tallest entrust him with such a sensitive mission? Where on Earth had Zim go—

Dib stopped abruptly, his antennae twitching behind his holo-disguise. moments later, a large yellow vehicle careened past him with little regard for his— or anybody's— safety. He took the time to assess his surroundings, and finally found himself in front of a run-down building teeming with human children. 'Skool' the sign read, this must be it.