chapter 6

Yoshi's POV
I've known Hana since she was a baby. Ever since she was a child, I had to deal with her being bullied and I tried my best to not intervene with any of my supernatural abilities. Hana, to say the least, is quite the ordinary girl.

She doesn't do anything that would make her stand out, nor has she changed her hairstyle in so long. Her fashion sense is quite outdated and her family is busy almost every day, making her stay home alone on her days off from school. The only thing, person rather, that makes her happy is none other than a boy in her class named Kim Junkyu. She's liked him ever since elementary school, and yet she still hasn't confessed her feelings to him, probably expecting that she'll be rejected either way.

I was caught up in my own thoughts, completely zoning out from whatever it was that was occurring around me. It wasn't until Doyoung started to snap his fingers directly in front of my face that I finally snapped out of thinking too much. "Hyung?" Doyoung began, giving me a look of concern. We both sat down on a bench inside of the boutique, waiting for Hana to get done trying on some outfits we put together for her. "Yoshi hyung, is something wrong?"

"The word wrong is simply an understatement," I replied back, staring down at my shoes. "Have you noticed anything different about Haruto these days, Doyoung?"

"Huh? What do you mean?" Doyoung obviously had no idea about what I had observed. You see, Haruto's been acting a bit strange ever since we all met Hana here on earth. He's been calmer. He also doesn't cuss as much anymore. Not to mention, he now wears more than just the color black as well. Besides that, it's like he also gets easily flustered whenever Hana is around.

Could it be?

"Never mind..." I stated, crossing my arms. "I probably shouldn't think about it too much. Maybe it's just some figment of my imagination,"

"What do you mean? Something must be wrong for you to overthink..." Doyoung's voice trailed off as he stared at the dressing room next to the assisted checkout. "Hyung, if something's bothering you, don't be afraid to tell me,"

Nodding back at him, I simply glimpsed over at Haruto, of whom was busy picking out some accessories to go along with whatever outfit we picked out for Hana. "Are you guys gonna help me find an outfit for Hana to try on, or what?" He yelled, giving Doyoung and me a threatening glare.

Exhaling, Doyoung stretched out his legs upon the wooden floor. "Haru, don't you think trying on thirteen outfits for a girl to be quite troublesome? Besides, we should probably head back to Hana's place before her brother gets home..."

"Umm..." I heard a voice behind us state. I couldn't believe my eyes! What exactly is Hana wearing?! "I don't think this style is for me, Doyoung..."

"Huh? Don't girls like the color pink?" Doyoung questioned back in response. "I mean, I like it..."

"Hmm... The crop top is a bit much... Also the outfit is wayyy too pink, Doyoung!" I stated with a little laugh following after.

"Here! Try this one..." I was surprised! Haruto was actually helping Doyoung and me out for once! "It's a bit shorter than the dresses you wear, Hana and totally not what I personally find attractive for a girl, but try it on so we can get out of this girly shop..."

(Author's Note: This is the dress Haruto picked out~ 😉)

"O-Oh, okay!" Gingerly, Hana took hold of the clothing hanger and walked her way back to the boutique's dressing room. We waited a couple minutes for Hana to change. As soon as Hana walked back towards us, I could tell that the dress was made for her. All we could do was simply stare at her. "Uh, is something wrong, guys? Do I look weird?" Hana fidgeted with her hands, looking down at her shoes shyly.

"No," said Haruto. "You don't look weird at all, Hana..." His voice trailed off as he cleared his throat, then remained silent once more. Haruto quickly covered his face with his hands, I could tell he was blushing a rather bright pink.

"Oh shoot!" I exclaimed, checking the time on my watch. "Hana, we should get going! Your brother'll be home any minute now! Don't worry, we'll pay for the dress!"

Hana's POV
Haruto sure is acting pretty weird today... Did I say something I shouldn't have? Also, he's been exceptionally kind to me these days which seems odd as is. However, I kind of like this "new" Haruto. Sometimes, it's as if my heart might jump out of my chest whenever he talks to me.

Could it be fear that I'm feeling right now?

I'm not quite sure...

All I know is, this feeling isn't normal.

I took the bus back home along with Yoshi, Doyoung and Haruto. The boys ended up paying nearly 10,000 won for the dress, of which came as a shock but with the boutique being a place that idols frequently go to, it really does make sense. "I'm really sorry you guys had to pay so much for just a dress..." I stated, adjusting my glasses. They certainly shouldn't have done something so nice for me, especially since I'm no one special at all.

"Hana," Yoshi began. "Don't worry too much about it! We have enough money for our expenses here on earth! You can thank the Big Guy up above," Yoshi smiled, of which made me feel more at ease.

"Yeah," This time, it was Doyoung who spoke. "Hana, you look absolutely pretty in that dress! I hope you can confess to Junkyu soon!"

During the whole bus ride back home, Haruto said nothing and just stared at the scenery outside the window. I finally worked up the nerve to speak to him. "Haruto?" I began, hesitant. "Is something wrong?"

"It's nothing," For the first time, Haruto gave me a smile. Although a weak one, it was able to give me some sort of relief. "Let's just get you home,"

"Oh, alright,"

And with that, our short conversation came to a close.

🧋🧋🧋🧋🧋

As promised, a much longer chapter for today's update~ I just finished finals last Friday, so I hope to update every other day! 🥰 Summer has also officially started for me, so I'll be updating more of my stories soon as well~ Thank you everyone for reading, voting and commenting! Stay tuned for the next chapter~ 😇❤️‍🔥

XOXO,

Cath 🧋✨