Salvation

Weeks passed and fierce battles between soldiers and demons took place on Mars. Soldiers were falling. The supercharged elites were falling too.

Meanwhile, Darkskies was accelerating the injections of his future soldiers. They would never be ready in time and this was for afterwards, to organize a resistance and limit the damage.

China, the Russians and soon everything that could fly in space was rushing to Mars.

Like an abyss, the soldiers fell and the portals were dismantled to avoid a takeover.

But a diamond appeared at the site of what was once Phobos. It was huge and then a light, like a scanner, sent a structure to be rematerialized like a 3D printer piece.

An unknown carrier was coming.

Immediately, the humans knew.

It was a demon attack ship.

It was there before the fleet arrived and...hundreds of fighters took off from the structure along with helldrakes.

The human fleet was blown to pieces in space. The technology was far superior. At least 1 to 2 centuries. It was as if Napoleon's grunts had to face Tsahal.

No ship survived. And, immediately, the transport ship rushed towards the earth.

The world panicked and chaos ensued. Unheard of defenses had been put up, but the United States had been much "wiser." They had listened to Bishop.

Churches of Chaos had been set up and all kinds of wealth had been accumulated. They paid the Jizya, an ignoble tax on the right to exist.

To lure the invaders a little, they opted for the Chaos flag.

And when the ship arrived in orbit, it scanned and the resources accumulated in the tridents were teleported.

Enemy ships poured in from all areas of the planet and... miraculously, the United States was spared, but the demonic generals still came in and demanded more tribe. The Americans fell flat on their faces but their lives were spared.

The rest of the world did not have such a happy ending. An unprecedented massacre took place. The Americans, assimilated to the army of Chaos, had to finish their dirty work and bring their tribe in human flesh.

No refugee or non-American could set foot in the USA. Some tried to build tridents but it was too late.

All Americans were soldiers or slaves. They had to obey zombies, demons and above all not look at them. One wrong look and they were eaten.

Bishop now knew why Ivan hated Demodragon, an arch-demon tormentor.

The first Hybrids and High Humans came out of their cocoons along with the first dragons.

They remained in a secret base with Viseron. 10 years had passed since Connors and Grace were cocooned and Bishop had traveled to the Alter World to try to stop the massacre

A set of secret cities, hermetically sealed from the world, provided a semblance of a future for Americans.

Bishop's mission was successful, but Connors' family was gone. Like many Americans, the weaker and less fortunate had perished from starvation and trauma, not accepting their ignoble condition. Only the mother came to lay flowers near the mountain where the base was buried, hermetically closed to the outside world.

It was cruel, but the mother could no longer go to see her son and daughter. She risked betraying them if she was followed or denounced.

She died shortly afterwards from a tumor that could have been cured under other circumstances and might not have existed if it weren't for the pollution and nuclear winter that ravaged other parts of the world.