An old friend

Natalia had returned to her palace, leaving her maternal grandfather, who was also her godfather.

Her look at her family changed drastically, as if innocence had been erased from her eyes.

It was not so. It was now that she realized that they were all monsters and manipulators. Only her little brother mattered, but in thinking about it, she lost her appetite and realized her grandfather's words. Did she want to rule? Over CA! With demons and between demons?

But first she had to survive. To gain 4 years... 4 precious years where she could change her destiny... Stand up to Aldebaran like her grandmother and or flee to the borders and join the rebellion that grandfather knew the ways.

Meanwhile, in the northeast, near the coast.

I was out of the lake and instinctively headed east. I don't know why, but I felt that I might be going the wrong way. The distances were huge and as a dragon, if I flew, I might be noticed. It was the same world but many things were different and I felt that everything was hostile.

I was lost and I had to discover this unknown world. I found myself again as I had been in the orphanage 10 years ago...alone, on my own and without a family.

I missed Argentrix, Hissa, Hirrax and the little ones...

But as a DemonLord, I felt that some of my possessions were here, at least, pieces of them.

I still had access to my abyss and my inner world. But I was out of my time.

I felt like I was in my little brother's time, but much later than Hirrax Argentrix and the world I left. I missed Mom Hissa and cried all the time.

Behind me, you could see that I had passed. The trees were breaking like blades of grass and I realized that I had left huge tracks in my path.

You could clearly see my four legs, the trail of my tail and the desolation behind me. Trees, rocks, grass were turned over as if a bulldozer had cut a hole in the road.

As a precaution I reduced my height to about 10 meters to pass easily between the trees. From hydra, I became a black dragon. Human was too slow then I thought of a motocross but the noise generated would be devastating for my discretion.

I finally arrived at the end of a plateau. This one showed a valley with a village at the bottom and between the base and the village, a sea of forests.

With my heightened senses, I could feel many creatures lurking around but not daring to attack me, probably because their instincts dictated caution.

Meanwhile, in New Mexico, Aldebaran was receiving Aries for their joint project.

They were each in their bestial form and all the staff had evacuated the palace. Only the mikos were veiled for safety, so as not to cross the gaze of a God for even a millisecond. Any pretext was good to be devoured by these monsters. Finally, Aries was more subtle, relatively less dangerous, but still an archdemon.

Aries: "I managed to reactivate the reactors and the power plant of the Repressor. It was cut in two but fortunately the machinery was spared. The front hangar part and the decks are restored but there are large pieces missing from the command center and the computers, there really aren't any left in this era.."

Aldebaran: "But then, would we or would we not know how to get back to Faerune?"

Aries: "It will take another century or two for the technology to evolve enough... and especially for the others to stop making war and you... to stop devouring promising people. A nation is also built with brains, not with sex..."

Aldebaran crushed the huge stone table with his tail, throwing splinters and injuring one of the servants who ran away holding her bleeding ribs.

Ariès: "The high humans are only humans with mana. But the others also have brains, just like the dragons you despise. With a salic society, you can stagnate for a thousand years like ten thousand.

While they were talking, a half-dragon arrived breathless and bowed wordlessly to the zodiacal dragons.

"The Repressor is gone! It has turned into particles..."

The 2 dragons turned their heads

"The dragon lord is here...! SHIT!" they cried out in unison...

The rest of the broken ship was returned to its dimension, to my darkness or it would be rebuilt.

Then I lit a fire

Then I lit a fire.

A big fire hidden by a cave.

I was in a cave, roasting enlarged skewers that I had in my inventory, my personal space. You could put things and objects in it in astronomical quantities.

"I know you're there...."

And, in the fire, huge red eyes appeared.

"It makes me happy to know that you are still alive, my dear Friend

"It makes me happy to know that you are still alive, my dear Friend... Zaar."

The dark lion too seemed delighted to be with me.

"What are you doing here?"

"Master Ivan... It has always been an honor to serve you and...Your shadow is large and comfortable."

"So you have come to lose yourself with me?"

"I am not so easily disposed of as that. Demodragon and Vulture paid the price. The price of arrogance."

I was in a better mood...well, not eating alone anymore...I had an old friend with me, even if he was also an arch-demon. Zaar.