January 8th, 2004

"Draco he's literally due two months from today. We need to pick a name," Hermione said, bringing up the argument they had yet to solve. Hermione had come home with him after her appointment and they were laying in his bed, which she had told him that she preferred, his head tucked against her stomach, mumbling hellos and tracing patterns.

"I told you, I want a constellation name," Draco said, moving to sit upright against the headboard next to her.

Hermione rolled her eyes, gearing up for the same argument they had been having for weeks. "And I think that's stupid."

"I've been nice to you the last few months. It's either a constellation name or his middle name is Draco."

"Okay fine," Hermione huffed. "I may tolerate you, but I can't have that much of you in my son, half your genes are bad enough."

Draco mentally recalled the astronomy he had been forced to memorize as a child. "So what about Caelum?"

"Ew no. Also not Hercules, it's just too much," Hermione shuttered. "Besides, my parents will think I named him after a Disney movie."

"Leo?" Draco asked, ignoring her comment about the Muggle film.

"Maybe? I think we could do better."

"Scorpius?"

"You think Scorpius is better than Leo?"

"I like it. Scorpius. Call him Scorp for short. I think Leo is too ordinary for a boy with a mother like you."

Hermione softened, "You're just saying that to get your way."

He put his hand on her stomach, thumb rubbing where their son kicked. "Well is it working?"

She sighed and rested her hand on top of Draco's, secretly loving how the weight of his hand just felt so right against their baby. "I could get used to it."

"Alright, well I know that gorgeous brain of yours has been working overtime so what are you thinking of for a middle name?"

"Don't hate me for this," Hermione started, as she turned her head to watch his reaction.

"As long as it's not Weasley, I don't care what his middle name is."

"Grant."

"Grant? Scorpius Grant," Draco repeated the name a few more times, testing it out. "Why Grant?"

"It's Theo's middle name. It seems fitting since it's his fault we're in this situation, after all."

"You know Theo's middle name?" Draco questioned, cocking an eyebrow at her.

"We lived together. Both insomniacs who don't sleep well if they're alone. Also, if we're naming the baby after him, it only seems fair that we should make him the godfather."

"I'm game for that, though, I assumed I'd have to fight you on making it Potter. Who are you thinking of as a godmother then?"

"Ginny?" Hermione asked, hope coloring her tone.

Draco wrinkled his nose and opened his mouth to protest. Before he had the chance to, Hermione continued her argument. "Nope. I'm pregnant, I get the vote here."

"Fine, Weaslette it is. I would have rathered Potter as the godfather in that case," Draco agreed, only looking slightly put out. "I'm assuming you want to hyphenate our last names? Since we're just co-parenting."

When she nodded in agreement, he moved back to rest his head against her stomach again, cradling the bottom of it with his fingers. "Scorpius Grant Granger Malfoy, your mother and I love you."