July 26, 2008

It was her laughter that woke him up.

Through the door to the bathroom, he could tell that the tone wasn't her usual cheery giggle. It was almost like disbelief like something was so far from humorous but she still had to laugh anyway.

"Hermione?" Draco asked, unlocking and twisting the knob, letting himself into the shared space. "You okay?"

She snorted as she met his eyes in the mirror. "Depends on how you react to what I'm about to tell you." When his brow furrowed, she cast a charm that he vaguely recalled from deep in his memory. However, instead of the dull grey orb, he was used to seeing when they had practiced it in class, it glowed gold, hovering right above her abdomen.

His furrowed brows shot up, understanding what she was telling him without having to speak it. "You're pregnant again?"

She nodded. "Apparently."

Draco watched, hoping her body language would give a clue to what was going on in her brain. "How do you feel about it?"

"I don't know yet. This obviously wasn't planned."

Draco walked away from the doorframe he was leaning against and pulled her into a hug. "Well, I'm thrilled if you want to go through with this. Scorp wasn't planned and he turned out incredible. We're more stable this time around, in both our relationship and in our lives. I know Scorp will be the best big brother. But I understand if this isn't what you want."

Hermione nodded against his chest and finally let the tears fall. "I was hoping we'd be more established by the time this happened again. Obviously I want to give him more siblings, we both know how lonely it is to be an only child. But what if he hates us for this. Or this one gives us hell. I'm just scared Draco. We have a good thing going and this is just so unexpected, I don't want to ruin what we have."

He kissed her forehead, planning her next words carefully. "It's going to be great. He's going to be thrilled. We love him and we'll love this baby just as much." Draco moved his hand to her abdomen, rubbing softly over what would soon become a bump. "I love you."

She sniffled, placing her hand on top of his. "I love you too."