March 6, 2009

"Well, hello there, my favorite guy," Theo greeted as he stepped through the upstairs floo of the Granger-Malfoy household.

"Uncle Theo!!" Scorpius squealed, abandoning the book he had been "reading" on the floor of his playroom, which was more like an open space off to the side of the staircase.

Theo picked up his godson and wrapped him in a hug. "How's my favorite five-year-old?"

"I'm not five yet! Mummy says I'm four until my birthday," Scorpius replied like it should have been the most obvious thing in the world.

"Oh silly me," Theo said, lightly smacking his hand against his forehead. "Speaking of your mum and dad, where are they?"

Scorpius scrunched his nose in disgust. "With Carina. Mummy said she'd play with me, but all she does is cry."

Theo laughed to himself at his godson's disappointment with his younger sister. "Well, Carina is too little to play with you."

"When I turn five, will she be big enough to play with me?"

Theo laughed out loud this time. "Considering you turn five tomorrow, buddy, probably not. Want to come to see mum and dad or stay here?"

Scorpius squirmed in Theo's arms. "Let's go see Mummy and Daddy." He tore off down the hall with Theo following closely behind. Hermione and Draco had bought a modest house on the outskirts of Wizarding London about a year prior. When they arrived in the nursery, Theo had found his targets, who were laughing as Hermione bottle-fed their newest addition.

"So you didn't name this one after me either?"

"Hey Theo," Draco said with a laugh. "Was naming him Scorpius Grant not good enough?" He motioned to the toddler, who was attempting to help his mother feed the baby.

"Nah," he joked, a small burst of pride filling him as Draco acknowledged their tribute to him in his godchild's middle name. "How are we?"

"Tired," Hermione answered as she put the bottle down, turning Carina over her shoulder. "I thought having an extra set of hands with a newborn would make it less exhausting, but not when you've got a toddler running around."

Theo smiled as he looked at his two best friends. Their faces were almost identical, with dark bags under their eyes but glowing smiles on their faces. "Well, that's what you get for going and getting yourselves knocked up again."

Hermione sighed. "I would have rathered that we married before we had another, but it's fine. I'm already going to hell for the first one so, what's one more?"

"Muggle thing?" Theo asked. He had never fully learned Hermione's muggle expressions.

She nodded as she stood up and offered the baby to Theo, offering him a chance to hold his niece.

"How are you always one step ahead of me?" Draco asked his girlfriend, pausing the exchange of the baby from Hermione's arms to Theo's.

They both turned towards him with confusion etched in their features. "What are you talking about?" Hermione asked. The room watched as Draco summoned something from the master bedroom. A small tiny black box.

"You hadn't brought up marriage since like six months before we got pregnant with Carina. I was going to do this in front of everyone tomorrow once Scorp's party turned into just the adults." Draco sighed as he walked over to Hermione and dropped to one knee. "Hermione Jean, you are without a doubt the most incredible mother to our two children. You challenge me into being the best man I could be. I love you-"

"I love you too Mommy!" Scorpius chimed in from next to Theo. The room burst into laughter at the interruption as Hermione choked out that she loved him too, tears falling from her face. Theo walked over and took Carina from her arms, holding his niece for the first time.