June 10, 2010

"Oh, Hermione," Harry Potter whispered, taking in his best friend as she stood before him, glowing in her muggle wedding dress. "You look incredible."

She spun, holding Carina on her hip as the toddler wore a miniature version of the gown her mother was wearing. "Think Draco will like it?"

Harry nodded, still staring. "If he doesn't he's a damn fool."

Hermione smiled as soaked in the last few moments before marrying the love of her life. "Alright, time to do this." She set Carina down on the ground and handed her the basket of flower petals she was supposed to throw. "Go see Daddy," she whispered, opening the back door of the manor which led to the gardens and watched as Carina slowly made her way to Draco, who was waiting at the altar.

"Mrs. Malfoy, I believe it's our turn," Harry said, opening both doors and offering her his arm. She had asked Harry to walk her down the aisle, him being her only family for so l0ng.

She accepted his arm and started moving through the sea of their family and friends, eyes only on the blond. When they reached the end, Draco stepped down, offered his hand out to receive Hermione's. Harry pulled her into a hug before he placed her right hand into Draco's left. Together, Hermione and Draco walked up to their place at the top of the altar, just them and the ministry officiant.

Hermione knew the official was talking, but she couldn't bring herself to pay attention to anything but Draco. His silver eyes were sparkling. She realized that she had only seen him this happy twice before, the day both of their children were born.

"The couple has chosen to prepare their own vows, Hermione, if you may."

She nodded, swallowing down the nerves. She had memorized her vows, not wanting to have to look anywhere but Draco's face as she recited them. "Draco, I may tell people that although they were unplanned, our children are the best part of my life. That is such a lie. You were the most unexpected thing to happen to me, yet I couldn't imagine life any other way." She paused as he thumbed away a tear, waiting to join hands again. "I promise to love you, to laugh with you through the good, cry with you through the bad, to challenge you endlessly, to be the best wife and mother I can to our children. I love you."

"Draco," The official prompted.

He laughed quietly. "Fuck Granger, you always have to outdo me. The life I have with you and our children is the greatest thing to ever happen to me. I never thought I'd find someone who loved me as you do, never thought I'd have children that look at me like I did no wrong. But because of you, I do. You Hermione Jean Granger are the love of my life and I promise to spend every day becoming the man that deserves you."

Hermione pressed the heels of her palms against her eyes, trying not to smudge the makeup Pansy had forced onto her face. "I love you."

"I love you too, Granger."

The officiant reached for his wand as they reconnected hands. "Do you, Draco Lucius Malfoy, promise to love, honor, and protect Hermione Jean Granger?"

Draco nodded, "I do." A flash of gold shot out of the officiant's wand and wrapped around their hand, bonding them together once.

"Do you, Hermione Jean Granger, promise to love, honor, and protect Draco Lucius Malfoy?"

"I do." A second golden beam wrapped around their hands a second time.

The officiant turned towards the audience. "Does anyone gathered here today have any objections about the marriage and binding of these two souls?"

"No objection, your honor," Theo said with a laugh, bouncing Carina on his knee. "But if anyone does, I'm not responsible for any bodily harm those two throw your way."

The rest of the crowd laughed, and with that, a third beam linked around their hand. It glowed brighter for a minute before sinking into their sink, linking their magical cores to the other and completing their bonding. "By the power vested in me by the Ministry of Magic, I pronounce you Mr. and Mrs. Malfoy. Mr. Malfoy, you can now kiss your bride."

The words were barely out of the officiant's mouth before Draco's mouth was on Hermione's dipping her backward, being overdramatic for their first kiss as husband and wife.

The crowd cheered as they continued to kiss, not wanting to end the magic that was their first moment as husband and wife. "Hey you two," Theo called, interrupting the moment. "Your children are here for Merlin's sake." Hermione and Draco laughed against the other's lips, still not breaking apart.

Finally, Draco pulled up for air, still not taking his arm off his wife. They stepped off the altar and took their children back from Theo, who had kept them occupied for the ceremony before walking down the aisle and into their new life as an official family of four.