January 14, 2005

While Scorpius may have grown older and hit significant milestones, advancing before their eyes, his parents' relationship had not.

Draco was fortunate after Scorpius's first birthday, Granger had agreed for them to spend more time together. He had hoped that with seeing each other more for drop-offs related to their child he would spend more time with her, but their relationship had not progressed to anything other than just friendly interactions.

So Draco, while still silently pinning after the mother of his child, had tried his best to move on with other women, who looked nothing like her.

Which is exactly what he was doing on this stormy Friday evening. Draco had left his office at the ministry with a stack of paperwork on his desk that would be Monday's problem. He went home freshen up before he prepared to wine, dine and fuck tonight's flavor of the week , as Pansy had started calling them.

He barely remembered their names at this point.

The blonde girl had flooed into his flat like she owned the place. She had followed him into the kitchen, hopping up on the countertop next to the stove, and watched as he prepared their meal, rambling on about some insignificant topic Draco wasn't interested in.

Her being up on the counter had started as a distraction and was quickly turning into an annoyance. The girl, whose name he was truly struggling to remember, was trying harder to seduce him into doing her right there on the countertop than just letting their arousal build slowly throughout the night.

Not that he would ever take another girl up on that countertop. He learned his lesson last time. The consequences of the one-night stand lasted longer than one night.

But, for her sake, Draco let her try. He purposely made more contact with her arms while he moved between ingredients. Draco dropped some of the sauce down her chin while feeding her bites, so he could trail his tongue up and kiss her. He even let her take off the jumper he was wearing so she could enjoy looking at his pale chest and abs while he cooked. Time had softened his features over the years, leaving his body less chiseled, but still defined. It still got him laid every other Friday night as he went about this same routine with different girls. Cook, wine, dine, shag, and then find a reason to kick her out nicely and wake up Saturday morning alone. He never called any of them back.

The sound of his floo roaring to life broke him from his thoughts.

He abandoned her in his kitchen while he went shirtless into the parlor prepared to tell Theo or Blaise to kindly fuck off as he was in the middle of something.

Draco was not prepared for a very frazzled looking Hermione Granger to be scorifying her tank top and yoga pants in front of the fireplace. Nor was he prepared for the high-pitched squeal of "Daddy!" before feeling something wrap itself around his legs.

"Hey Scorp," the blond said as he bent down to pick up their son and kissed the side of his head. "What are you and mummy doing here?" Draco looked towards the mother of his child. "Did I mix up my weekends?"

"I wish that's all this was," Hermione said with a sigh, reaching up to tuck a blond curl behind her son's ear. "I really need a favor. I know it's my weekend so finding child care is my responsibility but my parents are out of town and Ginny's back at St. Mungo's because she was bleeding pretty badly and it's not looking good for her or the baby and I can't bring a two-year-old to St. Mungo's while my best friend and his wife are probably going to lose another child and can you please watch them so I can go be there for Harry?" As the words finished tumbling out of her mouth she finally took a breath, her brown eyes practically begging him to say yes.