August 15, 2006

"You're being bloody ridiculous," Draco snarled, holding Scorpius to his chest.

"I'm being ridiculous? Have you looked in a mirror recently?" Hermione yelled back.

The topic of their fight had long been forgotten, some parenting choice the other had questioned. They had thrown a silencing charm around Scorpius a long time ago after the three-year-old had sensed his parent's tension and demanded to be picked up. Draco still kept his voice lowered, knowing that the vibrations of his chest could be felt by his son.

"I'm going to Theo's and I'm taking Scorpius with me," Draco announced, walking towards the bag they kept packed for when they went out with Scorpius. He had since outgrown diapers, but he was still a toddler, and having backup snacks and toys was always key, even with their magic.

"You're taking my son where?" Hermione practically screamed, face going red with anger.

"I'm taking our son to Theo's. To his godfather and our best friend, Hermione. I'm not running away with him. You need space to relax and I don't need him getting upset and frustrating you more. Go calm down. We'll come home when you're ready." With that Draco apparated away and to the back gardens of Nott Manor, making his way into the house like he owned the place.

"Draco?" Theo asked when he finally realized someone else was in his ancestral home. "What are you doing here?"

Draco sighed, putting Scorpius on the ground. He grabbed two glasses and a bottle of firewhiskey and poured it for Theo and himself. "Fight with Hermione," he explained before downing it.

"So you came here? What the hell did you two fight about?"

"I think it was about me wanting to buy him a child broom. She's super against it and been so stressed out with work that when it came up the argument just got out of hand."

Theo grabbed a toy dragon and enchanted it to fly before he passed it to Scorpius, who accepted it happily, running around the kitchen as the dragon flew through the air. "So how are you going to fix it? I mean I'm assuming you're going to?"

"Of course I am, Theo. I just think we both needed time to cool down." The two watched Scorpius play with the toy dragon before Theo posed his next question.

"So how is parenting with Granger going? I mean he seems happy," Theo motioned to Scorpius. "How bad could it be?"

Despite being pissed at his girlfriend at the moment, Draco smiled. "It's incredible, Theo. She's the most amazing mother. I think sometimes she forgets she's not in this alone as much as we were the first two years because she won't ask for help and if I step in she just looks surprised. Like we were giving him a bath the other night and she turned to grab his towel and I already had it. She just looked shocked. I don't know if it's like she forgets to ask for help or if it's because she doesn't think I'll help?"

"Sounds promising," Theo added as Draco kept going.

"I swear, it's like she was born for this. Seeing her take care of him so effortlessly is like one of the sexiest things. Makes me want to have like five more kids with her. And like yeah I've been in love with her since before he was born but I swear I fall harder for her every day just watching her with him."

Before Theo could answer, another voice filled the room. "Really?" Draco spun to see Hermione standing at the door of the kitchen, a fresh round of tears falling from her face.

"Mummy!" Scorpius yelled and ran towards her, dragon long forgotten.

She bent down to hug him. "Hi, my little love. Can you ask Uncle Theo to go show you the new book he bought you? I need to talk to your daddy for a minute."

Theo scooped up Scorpius, dramatically throwing him over one shoulder before he carried him out of the room. "Let's go, my favorite guy."

After Theo left, the couple turned to face each other, neither wanting to break the silence. Finally, Hermione made the first move. "Did you mean what you said about me to Theo?"

Draco nodded, "every last word."

She sighed before she walked over and wrapped her arms around his waist, resting her head against his chest. "Then I'm sorry. I'm sorry for flying off the handle about a broom, I know that's important to you. I'm sorry for calling you ridiculous. And most importantly I'm sorry for calling him my son because you were right he is ours. Not that it makes it any better, work has just been too much and I've been taking it home with me."

Draco bent down and kissed the top of her head. "I know you've been stressed. It's okay. Thank you for apologizing." He almost commented on how Hermione Granger had just admitted she was wrong but decided not to press his luck.

"We all good here?" Theo asked, sticking his head in from the doorway. "Because if my favorite godson needs to spend the night I'm more than okay with that."

"Yeah we're good," Draco said with a smile, wrapping his arms tighter around his witch.