Chapter 1: First Steps

Timeskip 10 years later

I just turned 18 yesterday, so I am currently setting up to travel around the Kanto region, I would've done it yesterday but Mom threw a huge party, so here we are, still in the place called home. Not that I mind, It's gonna be a while before I go back here after all.

In the past ten years, I've been training my Bulbasaur thanks to Mom, she actually used to be a Gym Leader at Celadon City, and her Ivysaur evolved to a Venusaur, though it was quite weird that my Bulbasaur hasn't even showed signs of evolving yet, though I don't want to rush her, as long as she can fight her best, that's enough for me, to be honest.

Of course that's not all I have been doing these past few ten years, I've also been studying Pokemon too, like a lot. Knowledge is good after all, but all that knowledge would be put to waste if I didn't use it, knowledge without experience was practically useless after all, it was time to leave out of my comfort zone.

'Alright, all set up.' I said to myself as I carried the backpack in my back, I tied my shoes and wore my hat, as I headed downstairs, and saw Mom and her Venusaur, who looked proud and sad that I was going to leave them, but they understood that, I was also like them, I would like to go on my own journey, like they did years ago, it was simply passing the passion of going to a wonderful journey with my Pokemon, from one to another.

"You look good in that outfit sweetie, can't believe my baby has grown so much!" Mom said as she hugged me tight as she looked at me with pride and nostalgia, as she showed one of her smiles, as I smiled slightly in return.

"Where's Akina?, I need to tell her something." Venusaur said as she spoke up and asked about her, after that day of her saving me, I decided I would name her, so as to not to let myself confuse with other Bulbasaur, I also nicknamed my Bulbasaur that because it means spring flower, and it fits her, one day she might show her flowers to the rest of the world, alongside with me.

I sent Akina out of her Pokeball, as Venusaur whispered something to Akina, as she immediately blushed, followed by Venusaur giggling, it was a sight I was kind of used to, Venusaur was always going for a chance to embarrass Akina, be it by teasing her, or something else entirely.

"Stop teasing me...." Akina said as she sighed in embarrassment, as her face was red as usual after one of Venusaur's teasing attacks, apparently, it was super effective on her, each and every time.

I wasn't the only one who changed in the course of ten years of course. Akina has grown in height as well, not as much as Venusaur, but it was noticeable enough, and her hair got a bit longer too, of course, she really looked pretty as usual, but the moment I tell her that, she starts malfunctioning, which I really don't get, I'm simply just stating the truth and my honest thoughts to her, no need to get that embarrassed, even for her standards.

Not only that, but she seems more confident, well as long as I am there anyways, she still struggles at interacting with anyone besides us three in the house, it was cute and sad seeing her struggle in her social aspects, I'm sure someday that she will be bloom into a fine social butterfly, or at the very least, can hold a conversation for more than 30 seconds maximum.

"Anyways, don't forget to go Professor Oak's Lab before you go, okay sweetie?" Mom said as my thoughts were interrupted by her, as I simply nodded at her, I need to get whatever Professor Oak is giving me, or was it a request of some sorts? I don't honestly remember the finer details, but all I needed to know is to go there before I set out on my journey as a new Pokemon Trainer.

"Take care, alright sweetie?" Mom said as she hugged me again, this time however, she was a bit more hesitant in letting go of the said hug, as she looked at me with a hint of sadness in her eyes, as she simply smiled at me with a bittersweet tone.