Chapter 13: Voracious Snorlax/Fuchsia City

As I left Mr. Fuji's house, I called out Akina from her Pokeball to have a walk along with Haya and I, as they both grabbed one of my hands, as I just let them do so, I was happy about it anyway, as we simply exchanged happy stares at one another.

"Still, that Cubone kid earlier was cute, don't you think so, Master?" Haya said as she stared at me for my answer, as I was nervous to answer that question directly, I know they meant no harm in that question, but I felt awkward answering this.

"I guess...?" I muttered while being unsure what to answer, as I just defaulted to answering as safe as I could, as they both giggled from that, probably the both of them having fun with my reaction.

"Who is she anyway...?" Akina asked the two of us, well it makes sense, I didn't summon her even once during the Pokemon Tower incident, so she was rightfully clueless on who we are even talking about right now.

"Oh right, Akina doesn't know about her, she was a kid Cubone who we had the pleasure of working with solving the Pokemon Tower incident, well some stuff happened and that's that, right Master?" Haya asked me for confirmation, well she's not wrong, but she skipped some details, but I think it's fine.

"Yes, you're right about that one, though I had her not join simply because she deserves an actual childhood." I simply said to her as Akina expressly became more curious by the minute, as I think she got a slight idea on who she was, well at least we didn't have to tell her the sad backstory of Cubone.

"Oh, I see now, well Master decided that for her, it is quite a shame though..." Akina said, quite saddened by the lost chance potential of a new team member, I just can't do that, I think that's the best for Cubone for now.

"Yeah, such a shame she won't be joining us for now, but at least I have you two!." Haya said as she smiled brightly, even me and Akina couldn't help but smile due to her infectious smile, that smile does wonders, I tell you.

As we were walking together, I decided to go back to Celadon City to catch that peculiar roadblock in Route 16, as I know I could've probably gone to the south of Lavender Town but a Pokemon added to the Pokedex is still more important than going to said destination.

Thinking about it, I could've gone to Saffron City as well, but it's filled with Team Rocket grunts, so I think it's best to leave that to the police first before going there, I don't think I want to deal with them at the time being.

So I guess my destination is still onwards to Fuchsia City, as we simply strolled our way in Route 8, to the Underground Path leading to Celadon City, it was quite an enjoyable backtrack with the two of them on my side.

"Where are we headed anyways, Red-sama?" Akina said as I was thrown off by the sama honorific, and especially how she was using my nickname without embarrassment, I quickly realized we were in public, so I tried to not think about it as much, still, that wasn't good for my heart, but to them, I looked the same as usual, for the first time, I thanked myself for having a mostly expressionless face.

"Still Fuchsia City, though I want to catch something with this first." I said as I showed them the PokeFlute, as Akina looked at it with curiosity, Haya already had a rough idea on what this was due to being there when Mr. Fuji gave it to me.

"What does it do?" Akina questioned me curiously, as her eyes darted on this peculiar flute, as I handed it to her due to how curious she was getting to the peculiar instrument, she was being careful not to destroy it.

"Supposed to make sleeping Pokemon wake up." I explained it simply as Akina nodded, now knowing the purpose of this particular flute, she handed it back to me, as she smiled a bit in doing so.