Chapter 18: Fighting Dojo/New Moves

Author's Notes: sort of a filler-ish chapter, mainly just to show more of the Pokemon girls in the party, but I did try to make it as interesting as I could, anyways enjoy the chapter!

---------------------------------------------------------

As I exited from my victorious battle with Sabrina, psychic-type gym leader of Celadon City, by far one of my closest gym battles so far, Maki was accompanying me as I tried to think of what to do for the rest of the day, it was already afternoon when I saw the outside after that intense and close battle.

Bored, I pulled the guide booklet for Saffron City that I got from getting it in my rented room in the Pokemon Center, looking where to spend the rest of the day, my eyes began to dart, scanning the entire booklet in seconds, apparently there were a lot of things here, but it didn't interest me in the slightest at all.

'This is a bit of a problem...' I thought to myself as I scratched my head due to my lack of ideas, but my thoughts snapped away as Maki's stomach grumbled, as Maki just awkwardly giggled from her hunger.

"Seems like I'm hungry after a good battle..." Maki said to me with a wry smile on her end, well I guess it makes sense, but we already ate just hours ago before going into the gym battle, but if she says she is, might as well eat something on my end too, I guess I got influenced by her too.

"Let's eat, then." I said to her, as her eyes literally sparkled with glee, as she held my hand, I didn't even know where she was going, I didn't question her actions though, maybe she would have known where to get some good food in this city.

"There, my nose was right...!" Maki exclaimed with wonder on her voice, I simply sighed from her shenanigans, that's why she dragged me here, she could smell the food from a mile away it seems, I guess she's still a certified Snorlax in that regard, though ironically, this is the most expressive I have ever saw her.

"You really don't mind, do you?" Maki said as she was literally jumping up and down like a kid at her favorite toy store, it reminded me of someone like that, as I couldn't help but simply laugh inside at her child-like innocence and joy, for someone who could hit like a freight train, she was kind of a normal girl when it comes to food.

"I already told you earlier, go ahead." I said to her as she bowed her head in appreciation, I simply sigh as she dashed off to the food place section of Saffron City, I followed after her as I held her hand as I successfully catched up to her.

"Don't go dashing off like that, stay close at least..." I said to her with a tired breath, I was basically breathing for more air at this rate, visibly panting and panting until I looked up to Maki's face, a blush was slightly visible on her face, I guess I did say something embarrassing, but I didn't really mind it on my end.

"Alright, Master, oh! Let's go over there!" Maki exclaimed as she pointed to me in the direction of the said food that she wanted, as we went over the stall, it was a dessert kind, one of their foods was Oran Berries covered in sugar, making it hard on the outside and very sweet too.

"Candied Oran Berries here!" The man in the stall said as Maki already got something from it, getting 4 of the Candied Oran Berries for herself, without much choice, I pulled out my wallet as I paid for everything that she got.

"Thank you for your patronage!" The man said as he bowed formally to us both, as Maki already left as soon as she got the bag of Candied Oran Berries that she ordered for herself, snacking on it right away.

"Let's see what it tastes like, oh my! Yummy!" Maki said with so much life energy in her voice as she squealed as soon as she took a bite of the candied berry, taking her time to savor each bite unlike most of her food that she just devours in seconds.