Chapter 43

Now Hyunjin doesn't always get what Hyunjin wants, but Minsoo sure gets what Minsoo wants, and despite being previously convinced that Princess Hyunjin was the best, Villain Hyunjin won out.

However, Changbin wouldn't let the other costume go to waste, so on Friday at 6 pm, Hyunjin could be seen flaunting his cape while Changbin trailed behind, looking pretty in pink.

It wasn't dark yet, but Chan's family still aimed to create a creepy atmosphere the moment people exited their cars. The path was lined with jack o'lanterns, each glowing a different expression. However, even the ones that smiled looked sinister as they led the group up to Chan's porch. The railing was decorated with cobwebs and fake bats hung from the beams. To one side, a life-sized Frankenstein doll sat slumped over on a metal bench while spooky sounds came from above them.

Minsoo ran up to Hyunjin, tail swishing back and forth, as they made their way up Chan's stone path. Changbin hung back, eyes flitting around at the house and gloved fingers fidgeting.

Minsoo reached the red door first and knocked on a part that wasn't covered in cobwebs and spiders. Hyunjin paused at the bottom of the stairs to wait for Changbin before they walked up together.

They stood at the door awaiting some response. Minsoo was close to ringing the doorbell, but a voice stopped her.

"Go on in."

Minsoo apparently missed the sliminess in the voice, because she just did as told while Hyunjin and Changbin shuddered.

"Wait, Minsoo!" Changbin called out after her, but she was long gone inside the house. "Where the heck did that come from?" He asked Hyunjin.

"I don't know. It sounded close." Changbin clung onto Hyunjin's arm.

"Do you think..." Changbin silently directed his gaze at the slumped figure on the bench. Hyunjin gulped.

"Let's just get inside."

Changbin let himself get dragged into the dark house that was lit up by strings of skull lights in white, purple, and orange. He reached to shut the door but jumped back when the door forcefully slammed behind him. A scream came from Changbin, which elicited another scream from Hyunjin.

Hyunjin looked back at Changbin, "What was that?"

"The door just closed on its own!"

They stared at each other before speaking at the same time, "Frankenstein!"

Changbin turned back to the door and went to open it again to confront the monster.

"Who is making all that racket?"

The two boys froze at Minho's voice and slowly turned their heads. Changbin immediately jumped behind Hyunjin, holding his arm and peeking around the side.

Minho stopped for a second, drink in hand, observing Changbin's piles of tulle that were clearly visible around Hyunjin's body, and then he smirked.

"Looks like we have some competition," he wiggled his eyebrows, "Hey, Sungie, come look! It's Dark Boy and his prince!"

Changbin gripped Hyunjin's arm tighter and sent Minho a glare. Much to Changbin's relief, Jisung was too lazy to get off the couch, so he could avoid embarrassment for a little while longer.

Now ether Minho could read the room, or Changbin's outfit wasn't as much of a disaster as he believed it to be, but despite his propensity for unfiltered words, Minho didn't comment any more about the pair at the door and began to lead them through the house, carrying on about easy subjects.