Chapter 25

"You owe me $200." Changbin said, storming into Felix's hospital room and throwing a small piece of paper at Hyunjin who was slumped over in a chair by the bed. Hyunjin flinched, but his eyes stayed closed and his breathing stayed deep.

It was about eleven in the morning and all the lights were on, making Felix's hair glow as he sat on his bed, nibbling on a poptart. A small TV attached to the wall was currently playing a rerun of Spongebob to accompany Hyunjin's light snoring, and the air smelled faintly of cough syrup and clorox.

"Are you talking to me?" Felix stopped mid-bite and raised his eyebrows at Changbin.

"No, I'm talking to this idiot! He parked my car in not one handicapped spot, but two! Now I have a ticket for $200! Where do I get $200? From my pet fish?" Felix giggled at his friend's waving arms, but stopped abruptly to wrap his arms around his torso and let out a quick vocalization of pain.

"Oh, gosh! Are you okay?" Changbin ran in front of Hyunjin and crouched by the bed.

"I'm fine!" Felix tried to push him away, but Changbin was persistent, examining him as if his life depended on it before sitting back on his heels.

"If you say so. At least your eyes look better."

"They're black."

"Well yeah, but the swelling has gone down. You look like a cute raccoon now versus a drowned ghost."

"Thanks for the compliment." Felix aggressively took a bite of his poptart, crumbs falling around him while Changbin giggled at him.

"I'm so glad you're feeling better! Did you get any sleep?"

"A bit. The nurse kept coming in to check on me." Felix's face contorted at the unpleasant reminder.

"Oh, that sucks," Changbin rubbed a thumb over the back of Felix's hand, "did they say when you can leave?"

"This evening, I think they said 6?"

"At least you don't have to stay another night. I'll hang here today and then we can go to my place, how's that sound?"

"Great, but will..." Felix lowered his voice to convince Changbin, "will Minsoo be okay?"

Changbin glanced at Hyunjin who was still zoncked, his neck strained backwards in an uncomfortable looking position.

"She'll be fine. I already made lunch, and we'll be home around dinner time. Hopefully she actually does her homework like I asked." Changbin rolled his eyes in fake annoyance, and Felix chuckled.

"Alright. Thanks, Binnie."

"Anything for my Lixie," Changbin ran a hand through Felix's hair before glancing back at Hyunjin, "now when's he gonna wake up so I can yell at him?"

"Give him a break. He was up most of the night and only slept 'cause I forced him."

"Fi- is that Spongebob?" The show immediately captured his attention, making him forget all about Hyunjin. "Nu-uh! Scoot over, I like this episode!"

Felix grinned at the change in mood and gave Changbin some room on the bed. Changbin slid in and snuggled close to Felix, hugging his arm and resting his cheek against his shoulder.

The two boys stayed that way. Felix occasionally took a bite of his poptart until it completely disappeared as they watched the adventures of a certain yellow sponge. At various intervals, they would burst out in raucous laughter, Changbin falling all over Felix before remembering the fragile state of his friend and quickly collecting himself.

The noise gradually brought Hyunjin out of his slumber. His nose crinkled up as he emitted a low groan and started to massage the back of his neck. Hyunjin's nose stayed wrinkled up as his eyes opened just enough to comprehend where he was. The effect was one of annoyance and disgust.