Chapter 24

Hyunjin pried his eyes open to the sound of gravel crunching outside his house.

Felix lifted his head from Hyunjin's lap.

"Binnie?" He asked, desperation and hope leaking through his words.

"Wait here, Baby," Hyunjin patted Felix's head and stood up.

He opened the door right as Changbin ran up the steps.

"Hey, Bin." Changbin didn't respond, he just pushed Hyunjin to the side and ran into the house.

"FELIX? WHERE ARE YOU?"

"Changbin, shut up! My mom's sleeping!" Hyunjin whispered through his teeth as he grabbed Changbin's hand.

"Does it look like I care? Where is he?" Changbin shook Hyunjin off of him and stormed further into the house.

"Lixie! Oh my gosh! I was so scared! Are you okay? What happened?" Hyunjin walked in to Changbin by Felix's side, trailing his eyes over his body and touching his face lightly in concern.

Felix's eyes began to water, and he nuzzled his face into Changbin's neck, letting out a painful sob.

"Lixie?" Changbin ran his hand down Felix's back, trying to comfort the younger boy.

The touch elicited a string of curses, Felix's shoulders involuntarily caving in as his legs tucked themselves up to his chest and his hands held tightly to the back of Changbin's shirt.

Changbin's face was grave.

"We're going to the hospital."

"What? Binnie, no! You know I can't go there!" Felix looked into Changbin's eyes, tears streaming down his face.

"You have cracked ribs! You can't just stay here! Who knows what else that demon did to you!" Changbin stopped talking with Felix enough to look at Hyunjin, "you got any blankets?"

Hyunjin stood in a daze, shock visible in his eyes.

"Hello? Hyunjin? Blankets? Now?" Hyunjin snapped out of his trance.

"Binnie, please!" Felix tugged on Changbin's shirt, hiccuping through his words.

"No, we're getting that x-ray no matter what. Now give me those." Hyunjin tossed him a few blankets. Changbin picked one up and gave Felix a meaningful look before wrapping him like a burrito.

"Get off of me! What do you think you're doing!"

"Keeping you safe! Now stay still!" Changbin retorted, physically fighting Felix's wildly flailing arms.

"No! Stop making me do things! It's really not that big a deal! I'll heal! I always do!" Felix yelled, still trying to break free. Changbin shook his head.

"Sorry, Lix. Not this time." Changbin made a sharp movement and caught Felix's arms in a blanket, wrapping him like it was a straitjacket.

"Changbin!"

"Felix, shut up, will you? I'm trying to help you."

"No, you're not! You're making it worse!" Felix wiggled around like a worm, his elbows pushing out on the blankets surrounding him.

"If you're worried about your dad finding out, then don't." Changbin's voice had descended to a normal volume and he barely paid attention to Felix's words in favor of making sure he was safely swaddled.

"What do you mean don't? He could literally kill me!"

"He won't find out. I've got it covered."