11

(IM BACK! Sorry I was gone so long stuff happened 😭)

I open the staff room door and sat down at my small office desk. I sigh when I see the stack of papers I left off on Friday grading. "Why did I choose to be a teacher?" I groan. The door opens and my teacher friend Hailey sits in her desk across from me "You look tired today." She said with a smile. I nod, not looking up from my work. I complain a lot but I know deep down I would never trade this job for the world. I love the kids and seeing them thrive. Giving them the support I never got is something I'm very proud of. "Hey, did Mr. Beeks ever text you?" Hailey asked. Oh my god he is literally the last person I wanna hear about "Fortunately, no. I told you not to give him my number." I give her an annoyed look then mark the last paper. "You dont go on too many dates though. Just tryna help ya." She says, still sounding cheerful.

It was 8 and finally class time. I was already standing in front of the classroom as the kids filed in and took their seats. I walked over and closed the door behind the last child. "Welcome back class! We'll be finishing our group projects and presenting tomorrow so work hard!" I said enthusiastically with a bright smile. I love seeing them bustling around and figuring out things. Especially with projects with this kind of creative freedom. They're making up their own animal and drawing it along with a written description.

It was break time for A lunch teachers so I head back to the staff room to eat. As i open the door i see a familiar, tall, figure leaning against my desk. "Tenya?" I ask, surprised. He turned around and held up take out from subway (EAT FRESH 😡). "Figured I'd surprise you. I cant stay but here." He handed me the bag with my usual order and favorite chips. "Thanks." I smile and set it down on my desk "Are you on break or something?" I sit down. He shook his head no "Just in the neighborhood. I'll see you at home then." He smiled and waved bye. A few teachers in the room and some walking in stare at him in his pro hero suit, including Kevin Beeks. Hes the guy Hailey wanted to set me up with. I know she ment well, but that guys a weirdo. No respect for personal space and no manners. He leaned over Haileys desk to me "You dating that guy?" He asked. I raised an eyebrow "Mind your business." I state bluntly. He looked offended, but I didnt let him ruin my lunch.