°ᴘʀᴏʟᴏɢᴜᴇ°

TW: Death, neglect, loneliness, mental health, loss of parent.

Blair Williams.
The once happy little hopeless girl, who had no worries or struggles in the world. Who was so blind to the world, in her own little bubble. She never knew of the dangers, she never had to worry until that night...

They broke into the house smashing anything and everything demanding for something, a box? She didn't know. All she knew and remembered of was the gunshot that rang throughout the house and the sudden thud. She ran out from her hiding place to see her Dad on the floor with a bullet embedded in his forehead. Blood splattered across the walls and wooden floor. Her world had crumbled before her. Her father was everything in the family, even her faction. But what frightened her the most was when one of these men approached her bending down to whisper in her ear, "your next."

Fear ran throughout her body making her feel sick and dizzy. And since that day she lived in fear, fear of the men. She never slept a good night since, having dreams of the men raiding her house and grabbing her as they promised. She would wake up screaming, crying and panting.
But no one helped her.

Since her fathers death her mom had become numb to the world, not noting that she still had a daughter to look after. Blair struggled without her other parent figure but over time grew used to the loneliness and neglect that riddled throughout her body and mind.
She had become independent.
Training her body for the worst.
Fighting for not just herself but her mom.
She no longer lived in fear.
She lived in numbness.
Her own emotions.
She was approaching 18, which could only mean one thing.
The aptitude test was around the corner as well as the choosing ceremony.
She knew if she wasn't to leave abnegation she would be trapped in a loop, a prison she couldn't escape, so she had to change though she didn't know what would happen to her mom.
But why should she care?
For the past 6 years of her life, her mom didn't bother with her, didn't even spare a thought for Blair.
So why should she?

A/N: Just a quick summary on her life and why she's so cold. I'm so sorry if it's rushed I just didn't want to go into much detail. But enjoy this little chapter <3!