° 1°

The aptitude test was today

Blair had been crossing off the days on her calendar counting down her days to her possible freedom or another prison.
It had to be better than here.
Right?

She woke up springing to her feet, and making her way downstairs, to make her and her mom breakfast.
Once she had made breakfast, she placed it on her mom's bedside table, who just stared at her before rolling back over in bed. Blair didn't even look back to see if her mom had stolen another glance at her, she just strutted back downstairs scoffing down her breakfast. She placed her cutlery in the bowl to wash up later before hopping up the stairs to get changed.
She changed into some grey trousers and a grey tank top with a darker grey jacket on top. Her ears perked up at the sound of her mom trudging downstairs but she shrugged it off walking towards the bathroom to brush her teeth and hair. She showered last night.

After doing her morning routine she waited at the kitchen counter, watching as time passed slowly. She wasn't gonna lie she was quite nervous, nervous for her results to tell her she's just another boring selfless 'stiff' but also nervous that her results are gonna tell her that she's a smart ass or honest or kind or brave. She was nervous that she was gonna be more than just a boring stiff, because that's what she had gotten used to being for all her life.

The time had finally come for her to slip her shoes on and leave for the test, walking along the streets, watching as her faction would laugh and help each other out, or giving the faction less food. She rolled her eyes, this wasn't amity.

She approached a building that had the five different factions carved into the walls. She stood in line with her colour watching as she saw the other factions turning their noses up to abnegation, mainly erudite. She heard a sudden whoop and turned her head around to see dauntless running wildly towards the building, having no care in the world. Having freedom.

Once she was in the building and sat down a woman from erudite continued on with her speech talking about how the test helps you with what you pick, and how after the war, the split up off people and placing into different groups created infinite peace. Bullshit. Blair thought.
She approached a door she had been called to walking in as she pushed it open. She saw a young woman, with long straight black hair, some strands having green painted on the bottom of them. She observed the room looking at the mirror laughing at the rule of how they reject vanity.

"What is it with you abnegation and mirrors?" The woman sighed typing away at the computer.
"Something about rejecting vanity, however I was only looking around," Blair said coldly making the woman give her a small smile.
"Sit down."
Blair approached a chair sitting in it, watching the woman fiddle with something on her chair. As she did Blair noticed a small tattoo across the back of her shoulder blades, she always wanted a tattoo, she loved them.
"I'm Tori I'll be administrating your test, you'll be offered a series of choices to test your aptitude for each faction, until you get one result." She explained but then continued.
"I wouldn't sweat it. 95% get the faction of origin and from the looks of you...' she trailed off making Blair scrunch her nose up.
"Looks can be deceiving, I could be that 5% and not get my faction of origin. You never know. Tori," Blair watched as Tori raised her eyebrows in amusement, she then handed her a little glass that held a blue/purple liquid.
"What is it?" She asked curious.
"Bottoms up," was all Tori said as she watched Blair down it, closing her eyes.

Blair re-opened her eyes again to see Tori completely gone and the change of scenery. She was in her bed?
But then those familiar voices came into her hearing, making her heart race with fear, a fear she had tried to hide. They only got louder, meaning they were only getting closer. Blair leaped for her door opening it, hoping they hadn't even made it up the stairs yet, but her hope was lost as she came face to face with them. She attempted to slam her door shut, but the taller man squeezed through grabbing her arm and ragging her around the room as she tried to fight him off but no luck. He had dragged Blair downstairs to where her mom was.
"Told you I'd come back for you." The voice echoed as she stared into the barrel of his gun.
"Please. I don't know what box your after," she pleaded.
"I'm sure we can make an agreement on something,"she tried again but no response from the man.
Then it dawned on her.
This isn't real.
She thought.
So she closed her eyes as the gunshot rang through the air.
She shook awake gasping for air.
All of that was fake.
She knew it.

"Get up," Tori spoke panic hidden within her voice.
"We're going out the back door before a supervisor comes," she hurriedly explains.
"But what was my result?" Blair asked standing up.
"Come on!" Tori urged.
"What happened?" Blair asked confused.
"Your going to go home and tell whoever's at home that the serum made you sick and that I sent you home, alright?"
"No. Not until you tell me my results," Blair spoke folding her arms.
"Abnegation."
Blair's heart sunk, disappointment luring its way into her veins.
"And Erudite and Dauntless," Tori continued.
Blair's eyes flicked up at her, relief easing her but she soon got confused.
"Dauntless..."
"Your results were inconclusive."
"How? That's impossible, you must've done it wrong," Blair accused.
"no, I didn't do it wrong. It's not impossible, just extremely rare. They call it divergent. You can't tell anyone about this. Not even people your close too," Tori ushered out, glancing looks at Blair then the floor.
"As far as anyone is concerned you received the result of abnegation...because that is what I entered in manually."
"The test didn't work on me then, did it?" Blair sighed.
"No, you have to trust yourself."

Blair walked out the door and onto the streets, her thoughts racing through her mind. Dauntless...
Erudite...
Abnegation...
How? She was just some pathetic stiff.
But was she?
Is that why her father died?
All of the mysteries were still to be solved.
She took her normal route home, watching as she passed the faction less who were picking stuff out of bins.
Was that going to be her?
Why couldn't she tell anyone?
So many questions yet no answers and that bugged Blair. She needed answers and she needed them now.
She turned around and went the opposite way, going to her spot she'd go to if she needed to clear her head.
She raced through the abandoned building coming out on top of the rooftop. She let her legs dangle over the edge as she watched the sunset on the sky and felt as the evening breeze blew around her.
After a while, she returned home, her thoughts still following her but not as much.
She kicked her shoes off noticing her mother sat in the living room.
Blair rustled up a quick meal, eating it then brushing her teeth. Tomorrow was the choosing ceremony. She had a big day ahead of her, so she decided to sleep early tonight.

A/N: I wrote a divergent fan fic ages ago, but I never completed it, I tried to re-do it, but it was all too weird and unexplainable so I quit. However for the past few weeks, I have been dying to do a four fan fic and the storyline of being a divergent. Sorry if you feel it is rushed, I promise that the chapters will be more detailed and longer, but currently they aren't. So bare with me <3