°13°

They continued following the noise, until they reached the chasm

From what Blair could see, they were trying to pull something or someone up. 

There were a few people gathered round, being nosey, some curious.

Three men, were pulling a rope up, they lifted it higher, and that's when they saw him. 

It was Al. 

He had jumped. 

Al had killed himself. 

"oh my god," Blair looked at Al, his hair was wet from the water, and his face was ash grey, his lips had a white tint to them, and it was all her fault. 

"there," they placed his body on the ground, "guess he just jumped."

They got a better view of Al, and they were right, he had to have jumped as the top left of his head had blood oozing out of it, there was quite a bit of blood as well. 

Lilith and Adrian gasped, whereas Blair just stood there, her body glued to the spot. 

It was all her fault, Al was dead because of her. 

Blair stared at his body, how it was relaxed, how his clothes were ripped and his head was busted, if she never said those things. 

If she just forgave him.

These were her thoughts that continued to torment her. 

She pulled her eyes away to look to the floor in shame. 

Before anyone could question her next move, she walked off tears daring to spill. 

She was ashamed of herself. 

She walked back along those empty halls, her head faced to the floor, her hands in her pockets. 

She looked up for a split second, seeing Four. 

"Blair," he called out. 

But she didn't listen, she turned a corner speed walking away from him. 

She couldn't do this, not now. 

"wait," he called after her. 

"leave me alone," she spoke harshly. 

"No," he said, his nostrils flared. 

"fuck off." 

She continued walking, but stopped as Four ran in front of her, he pulled her body into his, wrapping his big arms around her body. 

"Look I'm sorry about Al," he spoke more softer this time, his voice hushed. 

"It's all my fault, it's my fault that he's dead. I killed him," she quietly sobbed into his shoulder. 

Four squeezed her body tighter in his arms, he hated seeing her like this, he just wanted her to be happy for once. 

"no, it's not because of you, he made his own choice. He would've been factionless, he was not gonna pass that final test," he told Blair, trying to reassure her.