Chapter 6

Laasya POV

     After ma and pitashree told me about me possibly getting married I was not able to sleep the whole night. I have heard from Ma that yesterday pitashree had spent his whole day with Ahil and was highly impressed by him.

    As today was 3 days of Diwali I wore a bottle green lehenga which has zardosi work on it, ma had ordered it special from Farrukhabad cloth traders. And with the help of Champa, I did my hair in a low bun with gajra in it.

    After I was done getting ready I decided to go to the temple, but Laksh and Ambika enter my chamber. Ambika comes running to me and hugs me tightly.

    "Congratulations Jiji, you are getting married soon, I'm so excited I have already planned what all things I have to do in your wedding," said Ambika in one breath.

   "Shut up Ambika, pitashree had not yet agreed with this marriage," claimed Laksh.

   "Oh Bhaiya don't you worry we all know Rajmata will make him agree," said Ambika.

   Before they can start another fight I interject them, "What are you both doing early morning in my room ?" I ask them.

   " I forgot, bade pitashree have asked us all join him for breakfast and I have heard that he had invited Ahil jiju also," tease Ambika.

   "He is not our jiju," said Laksh

   "Soon he will be," Ambika said back.

   "Ok you both, we are getting late, pitashree must be waiting for us let's go," I said.

   Before exiting my chamber Ambika and I put the veil on our face. We soon enter the royal dining room where we found ma, pitashree, kakashree and kakishree seating, with a man whose back was facing towards the door. I guess he is Ahil.

    As soon as they noticed us pitashree ask us to join them, I settled myself between Ma and Ambika.

   " So tell me young man what is your intention with my daughter? " ask pitashree to Ahil.

    " My King, I have been smitten by the princess for a very long time and my intention is very pure with her, I want to marry her I know I can't make her Queen with my status, but I will try to treat her like one," said Ahil.

    Pitashree smile at his answer and said," I like your honest answer."

     Pitashree then look at me and then back to Ahil," I had spoken with my Laasya already and she had assured me that she is ok with this marriage if I agree, so I think it's ok to say welcome to family son-in-law," said Pitashree and hug Ahil.

    I look at everyone, they all were smiling except for Laksh and me.

    "I think we should announce Princess Laasya betrothed to Ahil, everyone in the kingdom would be so happy," said Ma.

    " Yes Queen Bhairavi, but before that, we have to talk with Minister Merat and his wife, it's important that they know about their son getting married, said Pitashree.

   " Don't worry king I would let them know, " said Ahil.

    "Ok then let them know I had invited them for today's dinner where we will decide a date for your betrothed Ceremony with the help of Royal priest," said Pitashree to Ahil.

   They all then started discussing other things, I sat there busy in my thoughts. I know I agreed white this marriage but am I ready for it, do I even want to spend my life with him. I was still busy in my thoughts when a soldier enters inside.

   "My King, King-Emperor of Ajmere had sent a letter to you if you allow I can bring the messenger inside," soldier ask for pitashree permission.

    Pitashree gives permission and the soldier went to inform the messenger.

    We all including myself respect King-Emperor Aayan Aqid Mirza a lot, not because of his status, but what he had done for people's wellbeing. I was truly fascinated by his story of bravery and his heart of gold. I had also heard that he about how handsome he was and I wish to see that great person once.

   The messenger come inside and started reading the letter.

Respected King of Chandragad,
King Bhupinder Chandravanshi.

With due regards and humbleness, I King-Emperor Aayan Aqid Mirza , the 4th descendent of Rajputana Emperor, would like you to know that I will be visiting Chandragad.
As we know kingdom Chandragad comes under the military protection of Emperor kingdom Ajmere and have an alliance for many years, I would like to renew the alliance due to certain circumstances.
As this is a critical issue I will personally come to talk about it, if everything goes as its plan I will reach your kingdom on the fifth day of Diwali. With my Vajir and troops of worrier.
King-Emperor, Aayan Aqid Mirza

    By the end of the letter, I just have one thing in my mind maybe I can see him this time.

    I look around to find pitashree telling something to kakashree, then pitashree order Ma," Get a few royal chambers for King-Emperor and his royal members, I want everything to be perfect for them it's the first time he is coming to our palace."

   "King you don't need to worry I will personally look after preparation to welcome King-Emperor, Laasya will help me in it," ma told pitashree.

    "Aditya, I want every minister to be present in the royal court, beta (son) Ahil you should also join us in the court from today, first we will announce about Princess Laasya betrothed to Ahil and then about King-Emperor visit," saying this pitashree get up from his seat and started making his way out.