Chapter 8

Laasya POV

      Today was the day when King Empire Aayan Aqib Mirza is going to come to Chandragad. The whole palace was busy preparing for his warm welcome and today's Diwali celebration.

      Today the whole citizens of Chandragad come together and celebrate the last day of the festival of lights. We all come together and play various games, sing songs, and dance.

       Right now I'm with my dance masterji, today he is teaching me Kathak (one of the eight major forms of Indian classical dance) which I'm going to perform.

      "You are so graceful, everyone is going to get mesmerized while seeing you perform," said masterji with adoration. He is an old man of my pitashree age and he treats me like his own daughter.

      "I'm just doing what you teach me," I said to him suddenly feeling shy as he praise.

      "I know right I am an amazing teacher, you can ask Queen Bhairavi to increase my Guru Dakshina (repaying one's teacher)," he teased.

       Suddenly the drums begin to play and everyone started to shout. We all went to the balcony to see what was going on, there I saw him King-Emperor Aayan Aqib Mirza in his glory entering our place. I can't see his face properly as we were on the highest part of the palace

     "I have heard he is a very handsome man," said one of the ministry daughters still trying to get a better view of him.

      "Heard King-Emperor is gonna get married soon," said another girl giggling.

       I don't know why but when I hear about King-Emperor getting married I felt like someone punched me. "Who is King-Emperor getting married to?"  I ask the girl who said that.

     "Princess Laasya it is a rumor that he is betrothed to his mama's (brother of mother) daughter, people also believe it is because of this reason his mama's daughter stays at Ajmere Palace," she said.

      I nod my head at her reply, suddenly feeling low I told Masterji that I am done for the day and then went into my chamber.

      I was seating on my bed talking with Champa when an attendee comes to let me know that Laksh is coming to meet me.

       "Jiji, did you saw King-Emperor?" He asked me.

      "Yeah I saw him entering the palace from the balcony, but  I was not able to see his face. I told him.

     "I like him Jiji he so respectful and down to earth, " Laksh said.

      I smiled at his reply.

     "Jiji do you want to marry Ahil?" Laksh ask.

     I have been observing that Laksh doesn't like that I am getting married to Ahil or maybe he just doesn't want to get me married.

     "He is a nice man, Laksh and ma and pitashree approved him and I will do as they say," I answer him.

    "I don't know why I feel that he is not the right person for you, you deserve so much better than him," Laksh said.

      " Don't worry little brother, our parents only do what's best for us, now get out I want to get ready for today's celebration," I order him with a teasing smile.

      After he left the chamber I got ready in golden sharara which has mirror work on it and paired it with Kundan jewelry and golden bangles. As I got ready I went in search of ma. I had not seen him from the morning.

       I entered Ma's chamber to find her getting ready with the help of her maids

      "You are looking beautiful ma," I compliment her.

      "Thank you, my child, you are looking so gorgeous today I'm sure Ahil won't be able to look anywhere else once he saw you," Ma teased.

       After that, we talk about each other day she told me that King-Emperor is going to join us in today's celebration and suddenly started feeling nervous at the thought of performing in front of him. Soon we both for the celebration hall.

      The celebration was going well we all were dancing and laughing together, soon it was time for my dance.

       I went downstairs where the and as always ask for pitashree permission with hands join. All along from the movement, I entered I can feel King-Emperor eyes on me, it was as if he was trying to study me.

      I started my dance with pitashree permission, by the end of the song I was breathless. I look up where pitashree and King-Emperor were setting through my veil to found King-Emperor look at me and then at pitashree and said something to him and as soon as King-Emperor was done saying Pitashree standup with his hand on his sward.