Chapter 9

Then the three women return to the house ...

"Danielle Stefania oh thank god you stayed! I'm really sorry ... " Stephanie says.
Danielle ignores her sister being obviously mad at her for this situation.
Stefania nudges her to make Danielle understand to say something to her sister. But nothing.

"Okay come eat breakfast" Danielle's mother says.
Everyone sits at the table in the deepest silence. Danielle seated next to Stefania avoids everyone's gaze. The only thing that keeps her from crying it's knowing her girlfriend is near her. She silently lets some tears escape her face. What Stefania notices.

"Excuse me two seconds "Danielle said as she rushed off the table. After a few moments in silence Stefania gets up. "I'm sorry I have to go to see if she's okay, I can't let her crying because...Oh fuck ...I don't know if you realize it but you have an amazing girl who does everything to never disappoint you, she is always so nice to everyone. She is INCREDIBLE and you, you talk to her like she's the biggest mistake and shame of your life, you can talk to me as badly as you want but not to her! She is your daughter and you are supposed to accept her as she is whether you like it or not. My mother died when I needed her the most and she always continued to support me in her worst days! You still have your daughter, don't ruin everything! Don't wait until you lose her to realize it! She is the most beautiful thing that has happened to me in a long time! And I won't let you destroy it all. I love your daughter and I know you love her too so please don't make it complicated when everything could be perfect " Stefania said looking Danielle's parents straight in the eye. Trying to calm down from everything she just said.
"She is incredible, kind, beautiful, caring, generous ... and so much more! And yes I love her, I love your girl ! What matters most that I love her or that she is with a boyfriend who doesn't love her as much as me ? I'll do anything for her you know, I'll protect her from everyone, including you if I have to, and I hope I don't have to protect her from your mean words" Stefania finishes her sentence and goes to look for her girlfriend, leaving Danielle's mother and sister in tears. Her father didn't react to what she just said. Jaina not saying anything but moved because Stefania said about her best friend.

Stefania walks to the bedroom looking for Danielle in each room. She finally finds her curled up on the bed crying.

"Finally you're here !" Stefania says kneeling on the edge of the bed to be up to Danielle.
"I'm sorry I left leaving you downstairs alone with them."
"Don't worry I'm fine bambina"Danielle still in tears, Stefania takes her hand.
"Look at me Danielle, I don't want you to avoid looking at me, so please look at me." Stefania said pulling back Danielle's hair that was in front of her face placing them behind her ear.
"I'm horribly sorry my dad yelled at you like he did. "Danielle says tears running down her face.
"Yes he did and I'm not going to say it was the funniest thing in the world but I'm still here bambina. I'm not leaving I'm with you." At these words Danielle cracks in her girlfriend's arms. Stefania hugs her until she feels better.

"I'm feeling better we can go downstairs now" Danielle says smiling to Stefania who wipes away her last tears on her face .
"I love you Stefania" Danielle says.
"I know bambina" Stefania answers.
"Let's go, give me your hand, I want to take your hand all the day." Stefania says opening her hand for Danielle to place hers in her. And they come hand in hand down there.

When the two of them arrive downstairs, the others are in front of the TV in silence. Danielle sits on the couch and as Stefania goes to sit further Danielle grabs her hand and pulls her up to sit her on her lap placing her arms around her waist, then kissing her shoulder.The look of his father full of shame he had earlier is still present but seems to have faded.Danielle lets go of the hold she has on Stefania when she gets up.

"Where are you going Stefania?" Danielle asks.
"I'm going to take a shower before going to the beach, I go back down as soon as I washed myself bambina." She answers.
"Okay but don't be too long, come back to me quickly." Danielle says whispering to her girlfriend.
Stefania smiles and goes upstairs.

As soon as Stefania is up, Jaina takes the opportunity and comes and sit next to her best friend.
"Are you okay Dani ?" She asks having noticed her smile disappears when her girlfriend left.
"I'm okay and you ?" She answers avoiding Jaina's gaze.
"Come with me outside" Jaina pulls Danielle by the arm and leads her outside.
"What?!" Danielle asks irritated.
"Oh oh Miss Savre calm down ! What is happening to you ? Your smile disappeared as soon as Stefania went to wash." She says.
"I'm sorry I'm sorry. I don't know it's just ... I don't like it when she goes away from me. And she didn't say anything when I left the table, she didn't follow me... She didn't say anything when my dad was yelling at me. And she didn't tell me ... I love you back. I told her I loved her yesterday and again before I went downstairs and she just said *I know* I feel silly for telling her." Danielle says tears in eyes.

"Heyyy Danielle don't start to cry, I think I'm not the person you should tell this to but what I can tell you is that I have never heard such beautiful things come out of someone's mouth about you. And this girl loves you more than you hope.
If I remember what she said *And yes I love her, I love your girl* Danielle she loves you, I promise you these are her words." Jaina say trying to reassure Danielle.
"Did she really say that?" Danielle asks with tears streaming down her face.
"Say what?" Stefania asks arriving near the two friends. "I was looking for you but I see that I am interrupting your conversation, Danielle stops crying I don't like when your face is covered with tears." She said wiping away her tears before heading to the living room.

"Stefania wait please, I think you need to talk together. "Jaina says.
"No we don't have to" Danielle responds quickly.
"We don't ?! "Stefania said retracing her steps. "You don't want to talk to me? Can I know why ?" The Italian says in misunderstanding.
"I'll let you two talk, everyone's gone to the town I'm going too. " Jaina says.
"Thank you Jaina" Stefania answers.

As soon as Jaina is gone Stefania sits next to Danielle taking her hand.

"So? Why don't you wanna talk to me? "Stefania asks.
"Because I want to kiss you" Danielle said moving closer to her girlfriend's lips.
"No no no Danielle, don't do that, don't avoid the conversation. "Stefania said pushing Danielle off.
"Tell me"
"Why didn't...you tell me...I love you back?" Danielle says tears running down her face.
"Oh...I see, is it...why you're...crying?" Stefania asks hugging Danielle.
"My girlfriend didn't tell me that she loves me although I have told her several times already but it's okay. Of course that's why I'm crying. Stefania you just said "I know" I have the right to ask myself questions, and if you want to leave me you can I won't stop you if you don't love me and that's what you want to, do it." Danielle said crying.

"Ehhhhh Danielle what are you talking about? I don't want to leave you ! Never ! Breathe you are having a panic attack." Stefania breathe a second before continue.
"How can you think that? And that I don't love you ... how can you think that ?" Tears streaming down her cheeks.
"Of course I love you ... I do. How did you think for a second that I don't love you ?! I can't believe it...What did I do that you couldn't see it?" She says tears still running down her face.
"You..you do ?"Danielle says in tears too.
"I love you Danielle...and you are the most precious thing in my eyes." Stefania says before to kiss Danielle.
"Stefania I'm sorry to have doubts " Danielle says
"You are going to have to be punished ! And I have an idea of ​​the punishment "she says kissing her girlfriend in the neck.
"Oh no punishment! "Danielle says laughing.
"The beach ... come with me in the water "Stefania says her hand down.
"Hmmm yes I'm following you" Danielle says.

Autor's note:
More in next chapter haha!
Hope you liked this chapter<3
Dm me if you have any ideas.
Happy pride month🏳️‍🌈