22-body

"I'm worried."

"I would be, too," Gen agreed as she dipped her buffalo wing into ranch. "The woman was two feet up your ass and then just disappears for three days."

Eden chewed her nails as she stared out her apartment window. Her phone in hand, she glanced down at it every few seconds to see if Cecilia had responded to her several texts or returned her multiple missed calls. "I know I pissed her off the other night, but does that really give her a right to ghost me?"

"I don't think she's ghosting you for good," Gen spoke through a full mouth of chicken, orange buffalo sauce accumulating at the corners of her mouth. "She's probably just having a dramatic moment."

"Three days, Gen," Eden pressed, turning to look at the girl sprawled out on the couch. "Three days."

"Right, sorry, forgot that lesbian time runs faster. This must be the equivalent to a year for you," Gen mumbled as she stood up from the couch, nearly wiping her hands on the cushions before remembering that Eden would literally decapitate her if she did. She reached forward and grabbed a napkin out of the bag that the wings came in. "Why don't you just go to her house?"

Eden turned away from the window and began pacing the room. "No! I don't want to seem like a creep."

"She showed up at your place whenever you weren't answering," Gen pointed out as she stood and walked over to the fridge to get another beer.

The girl ran her hands through her blonde hair. Worry was eating her alive in her stomach. She had been over hundreds of theories the past few days as to why Cecilia has been a no-show, a few of them coming out as the most likely causes. She was stuck in between the theory that Ruth had truly gone psycho, found out who Cecilia was and where she lived, and murdered her like the neurotic socio she was. Or there was the other most likely theory, which was that Cecilia simply got sick of Eden's shit and didn't feel like being involved in the drama of her life.

"Maybe she's just giving you some space." The black haired girl cracked open the beer with her teeth.

"This is the worst time of my life for her to give me space," Eden breathed, rubbing her face which was red from how much she had been rubbing it. "I think I'm just gonna go to her house."

"You want me to come?"

"No, if she is there then it will only piss her off more," Eden mumbled as she stood up determinedly and grabbed some shoes to put on.

"Why? She think we're scissor sisters or something?"

"No, it's because she apparently is jealous of everyone else in my life to the extent that she requires a three-day recovery period each time I'm caught with another human being," Eden spat as she tied her shoelaces angrily.

"Damn right. Get angry—you have every reason to." Gen walked back to the couch and continued her binge watching of Shameless. "If you need me, I'll be here drooling over Gallavich."

"I'll be back later," Eden said before grabbing her phone and rushing herself out, her heart pounding nervously in her chest. She was unsure if she even wanted to see Cecilia. Seeing her could mean that she would know the truth about why she had been MIA for three days.

What if the truth was the last thing she wanted or needed to hear?

She was more nervous walking up the circle drive that day than she was the first time she ever did. With every step towards the door, she wondered what would happen when it opened. Would Cecilia apologize and explain that she was only angry? Would Eden be able to fall back into her arms safely again? Or would the woman tell her to leave and never come back? These questions bombarded her mind as she stepped up the front steps.