1.1 hopeless romantics

y/n p o v

the pen tapped against the desk repeatedly, there was nobody else in the room except for me. i double checked the time again- 06:24am. i huffed out a big sigh and laid my head on my plain desk. meanwhile my eyes wandered around the classroom, only to have my attention on his table. Jeon Jungkook. the love of my life. his table was filled with red heart stickers, many cute statements about his looks and his relationship with his girlfriend. my heart clenched as i mentioned his girlfriend, Ara , apparently she's my best friend.

sucks doesn't it? she's a sweet girl, that's how Jungkook fell for her in the first place. even though i fell for Jungkook first, i supported their relationship.

but deep down?

it
burns.

all i could do is sit and watch them. i groaned in frustration and sat upright. "when is my love story going to begin" i mumbled, chuckling right after because i know how impossible that is. i'm not like Ara at all. i don't greet people with a huge smile everyday and go to different group of cliques during lunches. i prefer staying silent and minding my own business. i'm not saying that Ara is a busybody, but she just mingles with everyone a lot. and Jungkook loved that.

the way she smiles, the way she participated in the cheerleading team while i'm one of the members of the girl's volleyball team. i don't get enough recognition either. i took out my volleyball practice schedule and noticed its the same timing as the basketball's practice. means i get to meet Jungkook!

no y/n.
you should forget about your feelings for him.

silence. i went blank for a second. i was right. whatever my head said was absolutely right. but my heart disagreed. before i could continue talking like an idiot, the door opened as students walked towards their arranged seats. i only plucked in my air pods and continued listening to love deprived music.

??? p o v

my hands gripped onto the bag tighter while i reached towards my seat, carefully i placed my bag down and placed my stationaries on the table. the hairs blocking my eye sight annoyed me as i ruffled my hair back.

oh?

my eyes fell onto y/n. who sat at the end of the first row. her slender fingers flipped through her favourite recent book she was reading, interesting. i've always thought she was a beautiful and unique girl. she wasn't like the others, let's say she's the type to go on street food dates during midnights. i haven't really spoken to her, but i could already tell she wouldn't pay much attention to me. i mean who would? i'm not as popular as Jungkook. the only talent i have is to take pictures and let them sit in my camera roll for years.

i looked away from her as soon as she looked behind, i pretended to keep myself busy. and speaking of the devil?

the couple arrived.

author p o v

Jungkook walked into the classroom, hand in hand with Ara making the girls in the class groan in jealousy. Y/n only stared at her best friend who smiled brightly making Jungkook's heart beat even faster than ever. Ara spotted Y/n and quickly waved at her earning attention from Jungkook. Y/n shook her head and continued reading her book in silence.

little did she know?

Jungkook still watched how she laid back onto her chair and placed the book on her lap, while she fiddled with her eraser. "she's always alone" he murmured. he's confused on why she doesn't spend time with Ara as much.

all that Y/n was is a hopeless romantic. She cant look at her lover the same way like she did before, of course she would feel guilty if Ara knew. Although they were best friends, they weren't that close. Ara pulled Jungkook's sleeve as she gave him a peck on the cheek. the class wowed and squealed at the happy couple. while the hopeless romantics in the room stayed silent.

y/n p o v

it felt like i've sat on this seat for hours. just listening to the poor teacher talk over and over again. my sleepy eyes blinked slowly as the time ticked. "let's get this over with" i said mentally and accidentally pressed a little too hard onto my pencil.

it broke.

way before i could react, the bell rang. students quickly ran out of the boring classroom. i always have no appetite for lunch, so i took my time. but a sweet voice called out for me, making me turn my attention to the back. "Y/n? could you help me a little?" Ara scratched her head in confusion, staring at the history book.

i glanced and Jungkook and notice him talking to Taehyung so i moved over to her seat and examined the book. "you didn't finish the homework?" i asked out of confusion, she nervously chuckled. "i was busy with Jungkook! we had so much fun Y/n! he brought me to the-"

i cut her off. "oh this is from the passage..line thirteen. sorry- i gotta go" i lowly spoke before grabbing my things and leaving the classroom. i was sick of her love stories. it's my weakness, i cant stay another second in there without getting heartbroken. i climbed up three levels, opened the rusted door leading me to fresh air. "finally some fucking peace" i whispered before sitting down onto the concrete ground. flipping through my favourite book, whilst writing little notes.

sometimes i do things to keep me busy, so i wouldn't have to think about Jungkook nor Ara. it gets tiring sometimes, but that's what i have to do.

author p o v

Jungkook noticed how y/n acted earlier. he only stayed silent and ignored his best friend who is ranting about how long is hair was getting. "yah Jungkook..are you even listening dude?" Taehyung snapped at Jungkook. Jungkook only hummed in reply.

"what's happening to her..?" Jungkook lowly whispered under his breath, making Taehyung tilt his head in confusion. "kook!!" Ara snapped , while she asked him for help through the book. his girlfriend's voice made his eyes lit up and totally forgot about the girl earlier, Y/n. Although Taehyung acted confused, he knew right away that Jungkook was thinking about Y/n.

that kinda made Taehyung feel something in his heart but he pushed it away. He also noticed Y/n's behaviour. but doesn't know why she was acting that way either.

"i'll go take some more pictures of squirrels. see ya" Taehyung waved and walked out of the classroom as he held his newly vintage camera.