1.6 truth

author p o v

"Y-Y/n" Mrs Jeon stuttered as she opened the door.

both Y/n and Jungkook agreed to go to his house, after seeing Ara and Taehyung gone from the spot earlier on. both of them were drenched in water, pure silence in between. Y/n only managed to show Mrs Jeon a small smile. Mrs Jeon didn't like her at all, Y/n and Jungkook had to date in secret before Mrs Jeon soon found out. Jungkook then broke up with Y/n. "good evening Mrs Jeon" she hesitantly replied. Mrs Jeon only looked at Jungkook with a shocked look.

y/n  p o v

"come in Y/n" she was worried as she pulled me in the house. Jungkook came in right after. Mrs Jeon hesitantly said, "Y/n? here is some spare clothes" she handed me a shirt and pants i had left in the house when we dated. i replied a soft "thank you".

"she's here to..hear your explanation mom" Jungkook said with a softer tone. i knew he was guilty and Mrs Jeon was as well. she had a sad look. "it's immature of me Y/n.." Mrs Jeon cracked while she had her gaze on the floor. "when i was a high school student..your mother and i were best friends." she added, "we're so close Y/n. we both did so many things together. i wouldn't leave her and she wouldn't leave me." at this point Mrs Jeon was on the verge of tears. i continued listening.

"we were in an art club together and i was a top student. all Hara wanted to do was to be like me." "your mother asked me for tips, practiced with me too. and then she..won the national art competition" i could sense where the story was going, Mrs Jeon couldn't help it but to cry. Jungkook went over to pat her back gently, "my mother received so much scolding from her parents for loosing the top rank. she was then diagnosed with depression and your mother didn't spare any seconds with her after that" Jungkook continued, "my mother hated your mother. that's why we broke up."

i stayed silent.

"my mother passed away last year. in a car accident along with my dad. to pick me up from school, the day Jungkook..broke up with me." Jungkook widened his eyes, "i-i'm so sorry Y/n..o-oh god" Mrs Jeon covered her mouth and ran towards her bedroom. "mom!" she closed her bedroom door, leaving Jungkook speechless. "i'll go" my low voice was heard. Jungkook grabbed my wrist. "Y/n..i'm sor-"

"i know you are kook. i know. i forgave you." i wore my shoes, already wanting to leave the scene. "please Y/n! stay here. it's raini-" i closed the door on him and began making my way home. the rain camouflaged with my tears as i sobbed in my own hands. i cant believe her hatred stayed for my mother, causing us to break up.

if we didn't. my parents would be alive.

Jungkook didn't even chased after me. i walked through the rainy streets, with a heavy heart. my heart ached. i've always suffered alone. there's always no one that stays with me.

i just want to be enough for someone.

author p o v

after the day Jungkook broke up with Y/n, she didn't bother to say a word. they didn't talk for the rest of the year, till they both had graduated. as he thought that Y/n had officially moved on, Jungkook met Ara through Mrs Jeon's friend. and have been dating ever since college started. agony, hatred, pain, was all the emotions Y/n felt after seeing them for the first time. she didn't think it was fair at all. but she cant hold on to the pain for that long. Since Jungkook's  love turned to poison, Y/n's mind cycles through emotions faster than a kid flipping radio channels. she's gone from a level of just crying to fighting a mixture of competing emotions.

"how can you just date her just like that?! forget me like that.." Y/n's voice broke as she fell on her knees, screaming for help. "you never fought for me..you never did" her hands were gripping onto the bracelet Jungkook gave her . "and i still love you kook"

 "and i still love you kook"

Jungkook p o v

i ran to class, only to find the seat empty. "where is Y/n?" i asked Ara who sat beside Taehyung, she shrugged her shoulders. "man where did YOU guys go yesterday" Taehyung asked a sudden question as i ignored him and ran out of the classroom. i needed to find Y/n. i didn't want her to suffer. i've done too many bad things to her. "Y/n?" i shouted after entering the girls restroom without a care , running out again to find the empty hallways. i huffed out a loud sigh. "fuck" i cursed. i then stayed silent and rested my back against the wall. i do miss her.

i miss Y/n. i loved her so much. but i listened to my mother either way. i left Y/n without knowing she needed me so badly afterwards, she went through graduation without me. when i promised i'd cheer her name as she walked onto the stage. "why did i fall for Ara instead" i bit my lip harshly. i was so confused i don't know what to do at this point.

i heard giggling coming from other side as i see Ara and Taehyung getting kicked out the classroom.

"this isn't going to go well"