1.3 taehyung's way

"students listen up here" my teacher gathered everyone's attention as she lifted up a small story book. "i would like everyone to present and talk about their favourite books for literature's period" of course this is the best part of being in college. "we don't have much time so i would just pick out four volunteers" she fixed her glasses as she flipped through the class's name list. "i would like Hara , Justin , Jungkook and Yeon" she pointed it out, my eyes still looking down onto my favourite book. Justin went first, as we all listened to his presentation. "the couple in the book were very romantic and loving! i'd say they are exactly our beloved Jungkook and Ara" the class laughed and turned towards them. my eyes glanced at Jungkook and- wait..WHAT.

the book..looks similar to..no Y/n maybe its just your eyes. my eyes then made eye contact with Taehyung, he only looked at me with his blank stare. i faced back to the front and silently listened to everyone's presentation and lastly goes Jungkook.

i was slightly nervous.

"hey. yes i'm Jungkook" he shyly said, "and i would like to share about my favourite book today" he paused, "i have been reading this ever since high school..i didn't enjoy reading at first but this book made me change my mind" my eyes finally looked up to meet his eyes who was staring lovingly at Ara. but the book was the exact same as mine. the same old book. the book taught people how to love, taught people how genuine love feels like. a story between a girl and a boy. Till Death was the title of the book. my breath hitched as i hid the book under my table. "a love story between two lovers" ... "he..loved her so much. he really did and she did too"

my mouth felt bitter. his eyes were only stuck on Ara as she smiled at him. "they faced many obstacles together..but in this story.." he specifically said "in this story". "they both managed to stay with each other till death. and it taught me how precious love is" i bit my lip.

of course it's Ara

who am i to think he was thinking about me. the other classmates applaud and he went back to his seat. i rolled my eyes and bit my lip. "stop with the jealousy" i reminded myself again.

taehyung p o v

Jungkook's words stunned me. i'm pretty sure stuff he went through in high school was pretty romantic. but i cant help but notice he had the same book as the one and only Y/n. Y/n only had her eyes on the ground the whole time. i bite on my inner cheek. it was pretty obvious that she was taken aback and jealous as Jungkook spoke about Ara. "how was my presentation bro" Jungkook patted my back , i only glanced at him while pushing my hair back to not block my eye sight.

"pretty good. but why do you have the same book-"

the bell rang.

author p o v

of course things were getting complicated for Taehyung as he could not understand why Y/n is so odd around Jungkook and Ara. meanwhile Ara instead has no clue about her bestfriend, all she cared about was Jungkook. i mean, Y/n is just a side character..right? Jungkook continued taking care of Ara like he should, he was sure his mother would be extremely happy if she knew. all Mrs Jeon wanted was someone joyful and responsible for Jungkook.

y/n p o v

"yah Taehyung thats not how you plant a seed!" i groaned and spoke calmly as possible. "you show me thenn" he threw the small shovel onto the dirt, showing me an annoyed look. our class were having a gardening period, were we had to decorate our college's plantation. i was teamed up with Taehyung, who clearly doesn't know a thing. "let me show you" i started using the small shovel to dig out the dirt carefully. Taehyung stared at my wrist for awhile before pulling up the white bracelet on my wrist making me widen my eyes a little. he faced me with his boxy smile and chucked lightly, "to prevent it from getting dirty" innocently he said.

my lips curved into a small smile before saying a small thank you. it was tiring because the weather was really hot that day. the whole class had to change to our own t-shirts and shorts, while i had to stick to the college uniform because i had forgotten. "Y/n..isnt it uncomfortable to wear the uniform? you could use my shirt instead!" Taehyung began taking off his shirt while i squealed. "TAE NO!"

taehyung p o v
tae? god...what is she making me feel..

i stopped halfway while i laughed, "i was joking dummy" i knocked on her head, she only glared at me in return making me gulp. "sorry! i was joking..but please call me tae often" i gave her a small wink, her cheeks blushed a little. i discovered my hobby now! is to tease her till she blushes. i was about to comment about her uniform getting sweaty but Ara placed her hands on my shoulders, "yaaaah Y/n~~ your armpits are sweaty" she cracked a laughter as Jungkook tried holding it in. Y/n stood up embarrassed, "Ara! y-you bitch" she covered her hands.

i began moving in front of her and blocking her from everyone. "leave her alone losers" i rolled my eyes while Jungkook scoffed. "offer her a shirt dumbass" Jungkook spat, i look at him in disbelief, "I HAVE NO SHIRTS LEFT" i shouted but smirked after, "you want to see my abs kook??" Y/n widened her eyes.

y/n p o v

"she could use mine you fuck head" Jungkook shrugged, earning Ara's attention. "your shirts are mine babe" Ara sternly said but then she laughed it off. Taehyung just ignored them and squatted beside me. "you heard her kook" Taehyung chuckle. whatever Jungkook said was unnecessary. i walked off towards the benches and sat there under the shade.

"i'll go grab water" i placed the shovel gently and was about to take off my gloves but Taehyung shook his head. he insisted and went to grab some water for me and the class. i didn't know why but i smiled at his actions.