Arc 2 Chapter 4.2

"Your room is awesome, you'll love it, I promise," Ellis said, pulling Gabe's tote off his shoulder and taking his borrowed backpack from his hand at the same time.

"Yeah?" Gabe asked, grinning at Gray's wry smile over Ellis' overexuberance before following Ellis inside.

The room was awesome, Ellis hadn't been lying. It was even bigger than the room he'd had at Gray's, and had a big window that looked out over a long, lush garden. He could see a building close to the end of the garden, which Ellis enthusiastically told him housed a lap pool he could use any time, and that the butler and housekeeper lived in the pool house.

"I don't think I'll get used to you guys having servants," he admitted as he unpacked his bag and loaded his few clothes into the large bureau.

"Well, we don't call them that, though I guess they are, technically. But more than that, too. Alanna's like a big sister. Allie's really quiet, and he can be hard to get to know, but he's sweet."

"Okay." Gabe wasn't sure he believed Ellis' casual assurance. Rich people said things like that, didn't they? "Is everyone you know like that? Living in a mansion with employees?"

He was thinking of Gray's Mrs Miggins, who he wouldn't even think of calling a servant to be fair. She felt like a family member, albeit one who did all the cleaning. But he'd done all the cleaning for Sawyer and he never felt like family there, always second-guessing himself, so there was clearly more to it.

"No, no one else does."

Gabe had lost himself in the memory and he started at Ellis' assurance, having pretty much forgotten his question. It took him a moment to realign his thoughts and nod in understanding. The whole time Ellis watched him with a concerned furrow to his brow and he blushed at the scrutiny.

"This will be good for you, Gabe, I promise. My room is right next door to this one and I'll be around any time you want me. And if it's too much and you want me to leave you alone, there's plenty of space. And Suzu's told me that I can delegate my jobs at the club until you're settled in, so we don't even have to worry about that for a while."

That opened up a whole raft of thoughts for Gabe, and he sat himself on the edge of the luxuriously soft bed.

"Your, um, your Suzu... what should I call him? Should it be Sir, like Owen does?" He didn't think he'd get away with continuing to never refer to the man directly – not living in his home.

"Jeez! No, don't do that." Ellis' eyes darted around the room for a moment before he sighed. "I should explain. Suzu owns the club, you know that. So all the submissive members call him Sir in there, and, well, I'm guessing Owen hasn't told you this directly, but his, I think you'd call it his 'submissive persona', well Owen's is super respectful. It's, like, one of his things. So he calls him that all the time, because he wants to. So, outside the club, you would only call him Sir if you wanted to. And, if I'm honest, I feel like maybe exploring your own submissive headspace should wait till you're ready to really think about what you want out of it."

"So, François then?"

"Yeah, sorry. I get into it a bit."

"It's okay."

Gabe was torn though. On one hand, he thought it would be a while before he was ready to think about what his 'submissive persona' was. But, pressing at his mind, now he had his memories, was a need that made his spine tingle and his body clench. That filled him with desire and fear in equal measure. He wanted to ask Ellis, but also didn't want to open the floodgates.

"Your room, though?" he asked, wondering whether he was going to need plugs in his ears at night.

"Yeah, I don't always sleep there," Ellis explained. "Our room is upstairs. I usually sleep in my room if Suzu is away because I can't sleep in our bed without him. But I thought, only if you want, I could stay in there for a few nights. Then you'll be able to find me easy if you wake in the night."