Arc 2 Chapter 10.2

A/N: https://www.instagram.com/becauseicanhey/

There'd been enough talking. Enough thinking. Admittedly most of that had been his own doing. Worrying that he wouldn't be right, that he couldn't trust assurances from others that he'd get though things and work out what he wanted.

He knew what he wanted now. Better than ever.

He was over treating himself as fragile. Like his flesh would crumble at the slightest firm touch. He was jittery with need, looking up at Laurent at the end of the bed, stripped and simply watching him back, like he was waiting for Gabe's mind to quieten down.

Gabe stood, a little wobbly still, until they were close but not touching. Then the collision. Gabe took a single small step to Laurent's three, but their intent matched. As soon as they met, Gabe knew he would never have those elements that made him break out in a fearful sweat, not with Laurent. The look in his eyes was almost too intense, but Gabe basked in it anyway. Laurent would give him what he needed, but in the right way, he knew it deep – in his heart, or his stomach or lower, maybe. But certainly in his brain.

It didn't mean he wasn't nervous about the new step they were taking, but that didn't change how much desire was coursing through him, lighting him up from the inside. He wanted to be wrapped in Laurent, to be consumed by his passion. Because he knew it was there, even if he'd never encountered such a pure thing before. He'd seen enough. Felt it. With the electric sparks that passed between them whenever they were close. With what had just happened.

Laurent pulled him close, one hand holding the back of his head and the other pressing to the small of his back – two small connections that somehow had him on tiptoes, pressed against the long length of his strong body as Laurent swooped in to cover his mouth. It was more demanding than anything that had come before. Electrifying in the way it seemed to short circuit Gabe's mind, leaving him fizzy brained and loose limbed when he was finally allowed up for air. But he felt the warm strength in Laurent's arms, holding him up in a way his own legs probably wouldn't have managed at that moment.

Laurent lowered his head again, his lips swooping in domineeringly, claiming. Gabe was happy to let himself be claimed though. It didn't scare him anymore. Laurent's hand slipped lower and Gabe took the prompt, jumping to wrap his legs around his hips, knowing he'd be held secure.

"I'm ready," he whispered, as Laurent's mouth moved to nip at his jawline and across his bared neck.

Laurent paused with those soft, loving kisses, resting his face against the curve of Gabe's collarbone and taking several unsteady breaths.

"You're sure?" His voice was soft and dense, as needy as Gabe, and it made something proud curl in his chest.

"I'm sure," he announced, clearly and slowly, letting his tone flow with the eagerness he felt. He wouldn't have Laurent feel as though this was something Gabe felt pressured into. After the long conversation earlier, and what they'd already done, each moment had Gabe feeling more certain.

As soon as Laurent had the green light it seemed to flick a switch, and Gabe almost felt dizzy at how fast he travelled backwards, bouncing again in a repeat of earlier. He didn't even have time to lift himself onto his elbows before he was engulfed by the sense of Laurent above him, arms caging him in as he pressed his lower body against Gabe.

"So ready for me, beautiful, aren't you?" he asked, pressing against Gabe's hard length with his own, grinning at the pleasured whimper. "Want me, do you? Gorgeous, needy boy." He finished on a low purr that went right to Gabe's core as he finally remembered he was allowed to touch, and lifted his arms to wrap them around Laurent's shoulders.