Arc 2 Chapter 7.3

"How are you feeling?"

They'd arrived back to François' home and Kaiya had instantly slumped against him, all fight gone.

"I can't believe I spoke to him that way."

"You spoke to him more nicely than he deserved."

Kaiya looked up at him, the color still high on his cheeks. "But I can't speak to a Dom that way?"

"Are you looking for permission, ku-uipo?"

"No! No, Sir. I'd never speak to you like that."

Loki shifted so Kaiya was in front of him. "Listen so very carefully to me now, Kaiya. If I ever spoke down to you, or was aggressive or nasty toward you, I would hope that you would tell me off. I am a Dom, not a god. I am not infallible, and I don't deserve to treat someone badly, regardless of their orientation."

Kaiya mumbled something that sounded suspiciously like 'you're a bit of a god', and Loki laughed, loud and open, hugging Kaiya to him and feeling the shake of his responding giggles against his chest.

"You are sweet, ku-uipo. I like this about you."

"What does that mean? Koo-oopo?"

"Ku-uipo? It's my language, I suppose it translates to sweetheart."

"You think of me as that?"

Loki breathed deep, closing his eyes for a moment. "I hope that you will be that, to me. I know you don't know me well, yet, but I am already very fond of you, and can feel myself getting fonder. Is there a chance you could feel something like that?"

"I'd hoped- but... I don't know that you will want me, that way."

"Oh, there is no fear of me wanting you."

"But, I'm not like the other boys. They have strong bodies and smooth skin. They're all so attractive."

"Kaiya, you are impossibly beautiful to me. I am very attracted, please don't doubt that."

"You might not think that, when you see me."

Loki lifted Kaiya's chin, which had dropped, making his boy look to see the sincerity in his eyes – he needed him to know this wasn't some fleeting thing.

"Please, let me prove myself to you."

Kaiya followed Loki into his room. He hadn't done anything to prepare for a scene – he'd hoped to speak to him further once they saw each other in the club; perhaps his wildest thoughts had allowed that Kaiya may agree to publicly announce something between them – he'd held hope of kneeling. This, though, was beyond any of that.

He was aware that Kaiya was uncomfortable with himself – and he couldn't wait to show the boy that it didn't matter. There was nothing that could be hiding behind the unflatteringly loose shorts and the cuddly sweater that would turn Loki away.

"What do you want from me, ku-uipo?"

"Could you," Kaiya flushed, examining his feet and dropping his voice, "could you look after me?"

"With pleasure."

This was it, this was those days of temptation presented before him, ready and ripe for the taking. But afraid. Loki didn't want the sourness of fear to twist anything between them, but Kaiya didn't know how to show him what he needed – didn't even know what he needed.

He leaned down, lifting Kaiya's chin with a gentle stroke of his finger, so the boy was staring up with those impossibly dark eyes. Loki paused, long enough that he could shift away from the soft touch if he wanted to, but instead he raised his face more, a hopeful urgency entering his gaze.