Creamer

I've been living in Paris for about 2 years now. I look out of the quaint apartment building I call my temporary home and gaze at the Eiffel Tower. It never ceases to amaze me, despite seeing it every day.

   It's the same routine at Aunt Amy's apartment: Wake up, get dressed, say good morning to Aunt Amy, eat her wonderful breakfast that she so graciously makes for me every morning, brush my teeth, brew Aunt Amy a black coffee, and leave for work.

   The coffee and breakfast thing is sort of our treat to each other. She makes me breakfast, and I brew her coffee. She always says that my barista skills working at Rose Café will come in handy, and she wants to help me "practice". I know her tricks, but I play along just for her amusement.

    Today I woke up and looked out my window that was placed right next to my bed. It was a sunny Tuesday, and the Eiffel Tower was shimmering. The streets were already bustling with tourists, citizens, cars, cyclists, and more.

   I cracked open my window that was (conveniently) right next to my bed to let in the lovely scents of bread, flowers, and sweets. "It'll be hard to leave this place behind." I thought to myself.

   I changed into my work uniform: White button up dress shirt with jeans. No rips allowed. The dress code at the café wasn't that strict. As long as you wore a white button-up dress shirt and jeans with no rips then you're fine.

    I tied my hair up in a fluffy ponytail. My boss doesn't usually mind us having our hair down, but I still wear my hair up just in case.

    "Good morning Aunt Amy!" Aunt Amy is already at the table, picking at her eggs while she reads the latest news paper.

    "Ah, good morning darling.", she responds. "There's a little renovation going on at Pâtisseries à la crème. A pipe busted. What a shame."

   She finally poked her knife into an egg and put it into her mouth. Her features were beautiful and defined. I always wondered how she of all people was my Aunt.

   "Mhm. Now how will you get your scones?" I giggled and she did as well. I sat down at the table and began chowing away.

    After we both finished, I took our dishes to the sink and began to brew Aunt Amy's favorite coffee: Black with extra creamer. I handed the finished coffee to Aunt Amy. She took a sip and sighed a happy breath. 

   "Thank you darling, always a life saver." I cleaned some dishes while responding, "No problem Aunty!"

   I finished cleaning all the dishes, and looked at the clock. It was 9:26. 

   "OH NO! I'M GONNA BE LATE!" I ran up to my room and grabbed my favorite brown leather bag. I stuffed my phone, hair ties, lip gloss, and other things in the pockets of the bag and dashed out of the door.

  "BYE AUNTY!" Aunt Amy didn't even get a chance to respond.

.+ Author's Notes +.

The characters might be a little difficult to understand, so here are their backstories and some other information :)

Scarlet: A pansexual female; Asian/European. Living with her Aunt Amy (Apartment) in Paris, France temporarily to save up money to attend college. She works at Rose Café as a barista and is great at her job. Her dream is to become a forensic scientist. She is 19 years old. Her parents await her visit back in the United States.
Features: Shorter than average, long, dark brown (almost black) hair, curtain bangs, brown eyes, loves soft and pastel colors

Kenjii: Transgender male; American/European. Lives in apartment in Paris, France not college dorm. Attends college just outside of Paris (This isn't correctly based off of real life so sorry if this is incorrect!). He does not know what he wants to work as yet. Kenjii is 20 years old.
Features: Blonde hair with a wolf cut, taller than average, very blue eyes, freckly face, dark color palette when it comes to clothes.

Al: Pansexual/transgender male; American. Lives in college dorm (Same college as Kayley). Attends college to become a police officer or the president of the United States! Al is 18 almost 19 years old. Scarlet and Al are best friends! They've been like this since Scarlet moved to Paris 2 years ago.
Features: Curly dirty-blonde hair, green/blue eyes. Average height. Loves neutral colors.

Aunt Amy: Straight/Female; Irish. Lives in Paris apartment with Scarlet. She is also Scarlet's Aunt (obviously). She works as a freelance artist! She is 35 years old, and loves reading the news.
Features: Defined nose and eyes, high cheek bones. Blonde hair and green/blue eyes. Tall and very skinny.