"Just wondering."

"Ngggggh...", I groaned. My shift finally ended, and I was exhausted my Al's bickering about the concert. I hung up my apron, and took out my phone. I was going to text Kenjii to let him know I was coming over soon.

As I sent the message, Al creeped up behind me and looked over my shoulder.

"What are you doing?", asked Al. He pushed down my shoulders to get a better view of my phone.

"Texting Kenjii? And what are you doing jeez-" I pushed Al off, and walked out from behind the counter. "I'll see ya later." I waved Al goodbye before walking out the door.

꘎♡━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━♡꘎꘎♡━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━♡꘎

I approached Kenjii's apartment, and coincidentally saw Kenjii walking through the building's entrance. I figured I could walk to his floor with him!

"HEY! WAIT UP!", I yelled as I ran up behind him. I slapped a hand on he shoulder to get his attention. He snapped his head around, but relaxed when he saw it was only me.

"Oh, hey! I just saw your text. Figured you were already inside. I left the door unlocked for you hehe." He stepped aside to let me walk through the large glass doorway.

"You didn't have to do that! Someone could have gotten into your apartment." As we walked across the lobby to the stairwell, we heard someone catch the door behind us. The loud sound startled us both, as well as the surprise presence as only the receptionist was in the lobby with us. We both peered behind our shoulders, and saw...Al.

"Al? What are you doing here? You don't live here-" I looked at him with an aggressive look. Did he follow us?

"Oh I just thought I would come along. Ya know, plan with you guys?", responded Al. He reached up one hand and itched the back of his head.

   Kenjii and I stared at Al, then stared at each other. Al seemed like he was inviting himself into our relationship suddenly, but not wanting to be rude, Kenjii sighed and nodded his head, signaling him to come along.

   "Don't you live on campus, Kenjii?", asked Al. He pushed his way in between Kenjii and I, even though there was no room for him in the narrow stairwell.

   "No I don't. Don't you go to college?", Kenjii sped up, not wanting to get squished.

   "Yes I do!", responded Al, also speeding up. He was right next to Kenjii again, and they were both leaving me behind.

   "Guys? Wait up!"

꘎♡━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━♡꘎꘎♡━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━♡꘎

   As we reached Kenjii's apartment door and he fumbled with his keys, I looked at Al. He was pushed up right against Kenjii's side, and I began to get jealous. It seemed Al was budding into our time. Kenjii and my time. For ourselves.

   "Oop there we go." The door swung open, and we all stepped inside. "You're gonna get your stuff when you leave, right?" Kenjii turned to me as he asked.

   "Oh yeah, mhm.", I responded while smiling sweetly. I walked over to my bags I left the night before and placed my brown bag down. "You really didn't have to buy me that shirt ya know."

   Al looked at us both; from Kenjii to me, confused. "You bought her what?"

   "I bought her a shirt she really wanted. Blew off all her money on Sanrio shit.", responded Kenjii. We both bursted out laughing at his comment. It was true, everything in the bags was either Melody and Kuromi, Mezzo, or Hello Kitty.

   "Oh can I see?", asked Al. He walked over and sat beside me. 

   "Sure I guess." I pulled one of the bags between us and dug through it. I finally found it: Long white shirt with a picture of melody on it. Nothing more, nothing less. Al grabbed it from my hands and looked at it.

   He looked up from the shirt to peer at Kenjii. His expression changed to confusion with a hint of disgust.

   "This is ugly- Why'd you waste your money on this for her?", asked Al with a spiteful tone.

   "Hey it's not ugly.", I said snatching it back. "I like it, and Kenjii bought it for me. Cut it out." I stuffed it back in the bag and stood up.

   "I was just tryna be nice Al jeez-", responded Kenjii. He walked towards the kitchen to get a snack. "Anyways, it's gonna be at that one park. Um what's it called-" He snapped his fingers trying to remember.

   "Is it 6 Bananas?", interrupted Al. He got up and walked over to the kitchen as well. He hopped onto the island and sat in front of Kenjii, attempting to get his attention.

   "Yeah thanks Al." Kenjii noticed Al sitting in front of him and looked away. "Um okay then." He walked over to the small pantry at the end of the kitchen. He got a bag of chips and sat down next to my bags and I. "Want some?"

   "Sure thanks." I took a chip and looked at Al. He seemed embarrassed at his failed attempt at getting Kenjii to get intimate with him. Or at least notice his attempt at all. "So when are we going?"

   "Next week. I'm so excited ra", answered Kenjii. He ate another chip and turned to me. "Can you make it?" It was the fact that he only asked me that made me blush. He was giving his full attention to me and not Al at all.

   "I think-", I answered as I looked away, nervous at his gaze. 

   "I think I can come too.", budded in Al. "So what should we do now?"

   "Well I think you should leave.", said Kenjii.

I think someone's trying to hard to get Kenjii's attention.