Tea for Three

"Hey I'm back.", I say politley, trying to mask my anger while forcing Al to stop. I stand behind the counter next to Al again, where I feel a force at my side: Al is trying to push my away from Kenjii, so he can be front and center.

   "What are you doing?", I ask. Maybe if I ask out loud, Kenjii will notice and Al will back off.

   "What do you mean? I'm doing anything.", responded Al. I could tell he knew EXACTLY what he was doing, but I just scoffed and turned to the wall behind us and put on my apron.

   "So anyways, Kenjii, wanna go out somewhere? I need to make more friends.", offered Al to Kenjii. Kenjii was obviously getting uncomfortable, and Al was just making an excuse to spend time with Kenjii. It was so obvious, every dust particle was floating away from him from second hand embarrassment.

   "Um, maybe. I'll have to see heh heh-", responded Kenjii. I could tell he wanted me to save him. He was eyeballing me as he talked to Al.

   "So, what would you like today good sir?", I asked Kenjii. He mouthed "thanks", but as soon as Al heard those words, he rushed to the coffee making station to prepare. 

   "Caramel machiatto again and a red velvet cupcake for miss Scarlet. To go, please. Venti." He bowed all gentleman like, and I could feel Al's angry and jealous aura from behind me. 

   "Aaaaw, thank you Kenjii! You don't have to buy me anything!", I giggled when he reatched out for my hand to give it a small kiss. I was glowing red, even brighter than Al. Why was Al glowing? From pure anger. 

   "Coming right up!", exclaimed Al. He was eager to be Kenjii's favorite instead of me. He was doing all that he could to take all of Kenjii's attention away from me and onto him instead.

   "And I'll get myself the cupcake later, if you insist.", I snickered. There was a moment of awkward silence between Kenjii and I. I could tell Al so desperatly wanted to finish brewing up Kenjii's drink to talk to him again.

   "Hey Scarlet, so, I have these tickets for a concert. (artist/band name here). Wanna come? I also have another ticket in case we lose one or one of our friends wants to come.", asks Kenjii. I whipped my head around to watch Al. Al seemed to do the same but to watch Kenjii instead.

   "Sure I can go when is i-", I was cut off by Al rushing to Kenjii with his new cup of a warm caramel macchiato. 

   "Finished! Oh, can I go? Pretty pleeeeeeeeeeeeeeease? I love that (group/artist)!", said Al. He neve mentioned liking them before, so why suddenly bring it up like he LOVES THEM now? 

   "Um...sure I guess.", responded Kenjii. He looked at me with a nervous expression then took out a 20 dollar bill. "Keep the change and split it between you, Mr. Al and Miss Scarlet." He smiled before winking at us and walking away. Al and I both began flushing perfusley. 

   Al saw this as an oppurtunity to snatch the cash AND the man, so he went for it. He took the change, stashed it in his pocket, and began cleaning up the brewing station.

   "Hey! Half of that is supposed to be mine, ya know.", I exclaim. Al turns to face me, with a rude look on his face. 

   "Only if you let me go to that concert with you guys. Kenjii seemed hesitant, so I need clarification," He sat down the change at the brewing station. "Please?"

   Annoyed, but now watning to turn down a friend (or money), I agreed. "Fine, but just stay close, okay? I don't know where we're going or how long we're gonna be there." I walked over to Al and snatched up half of the change. 

   "I'll text you the time."