2:40 A.M.

That night, I expressed everything that happened that day to Aunt Amy. She listened carefully, with a clenched look on her face.

    "They were definitely impressed by your nervous impression, darling.", she said turning away, re-reading the news paper she had this morning. She giggled at her sassy remark.

     "Aunty! I still don't know why they would wanna talk to me though even after that weird conversation. Besides, I only made it through them asking me to hang out because of Al.", I groaned. I plopped down into a big, brown, leather recliner chair and leaned back, looking up at the ceiling.

     "You should text them.", said Aunt Amy with complete calm on her face.

    "I guess you're right." I took out my phone and found their contact named "Mystery Person". I didn't know what their name was, so I settled for what I made them out to be: A mystery.

     I nervously stared down at the screen. The silence was so loud my brain hurt. Tap, tap ,tap. I began typing. Hey! It's me Scarlet :)

    I must have re-read those word 100 times, because Aunt Amy had to ask me if I was alright. "You okay, Scarlet?"

    "Yeah I'm okay. Just wondering if this is an okay greeting." I clicked send not wanting to seem hesitant, but scared if they'll even remember me or respond.

   I don't even know why I was so scared. They probably just want to be friends with me, but why am I getting so flustered? Why is my heart racing? I know basically nothing about this person, yet here we are.

   I grip my phone tighter and tell Aunt Amy I'm going up to my room. She responds with a half paying attention "Okay", and I make my way up the stairs.

    I lay my phone face down on my desk, awaiting the ping from a message. I start changing into comfy clothes, and un-do my pony tail. Just as I begin relax and forget about the person, my phone buzzes. Ding! Scared but excited with anticipation, I flip over the phone and stare at the screen. To my disappointment, it was Al.

    Al: Heeeey! Did you message that person yet?
    Scarlet: Yeah but they haven't responded yet
    Al: Damn. Tell me when they do, k?
    Scarlet: Of course lol

    Al and I text each other about our lives and eventually say goodbye to each other. Right as we say our goodbyes, I get another text notification: From Mystery Person. I felt a shock pass through my whole body. A shock of excitement and fear. I quickly clicked the notification.

Mystery Person: Oh hey! Nice to see you messaged lol
Scarlet: Same! You seem cool so I'm excited to talk to you again

    I re-read what I just wrote. Did I really just say that? That's sounds really creepy.

Scarlet: Oops that sounds a little bit creepy. Sorry-
Mystery Person: Lol nah it's okay. I'm Kenjii btw
Scarlet: That's a cool name!
Mystery Person: Thanks! Yours is pretty
Scarlet: Aw thank you :)

    I blushed from their comment. They said that my name was pretty! That would make anybody feel like this, right? I also know their name now, so I changed their contact to "Kenjii", with some emojis to match their vibe.

Kenjii: Ofc! Oh yeah, do you still wanna meet up? I know I kinda asked you outta the blue
Scarlet: Sure! I'm only living here for a little bit so I should make friends while I can, ya know?
Kenjii: You're only living here temporarily? How come?

    I begin explaining how I'm saving up money so I can go to college and become a forensic scientist. Forensics have always been my passion, and Kenjii seems interested in listening to me about it.

Kenjii: Well at least you got a plan lol
Scarlet: Ikr? I would be lost without one!

    We continue to talk about other things: Hobbies, lives, food, games, movies, you name it. We also shared our sexualities and pronouns so it's less awkward. Within the next hour we became friends. We planned to meet up at the new and improved Pâtisseries à la crème. We kept talking, despite saying goodnight and bye to each other many times. We talked until at least 2:40 a.m. Kenjii's really cool.

I think we'll get along really well.