Velvet

Yaaaawn... Today was rainy, but it also just so happened to be the day Kenjii and I were going to meet up. I picked up my phone off of the bedside table. A notification from Kenjii!

Kenjii: Hey It's pouring outside lol
Scarlet: Ikr
Scarlet: Do we still wanna hang out?
Kenjii: I mean we can if you want to
Scarlet: You wanna get wet?
Kenjii: I don't mind
Scarlet: Cya later then!

     I was eager to meet him and talk to him in person. Kenjii seemed to be a really nice person, and I wanted to get to know him not just over the phone. We planned a day where we were both free. Kenjii attended college just outside of Paris, so he was able to hang out on the weekends. I obviously had work, but Al said he could cover for me. The only thing wrong about today was the weather. At least the rain would make some sort of therapeutic sounds to listen to, right?

    I picked out a pink V-neck sweater vest and a white, short-sleeve dress shirt underneath. The collar poked out giving the sweater a preppy look. I wore a white pleated skirt, shin high white socks, and Air Force 1s. I styled my bangs and headed downstairs to greet Aunt Amy. I haven't told her about my outing with Kenjii yet, but hopefully she won't mind.

    "Good morning Aunty", I say delighted. Aunt Amy looked at me with a confused smile on her face. "Good morning darling. Why so cheerful?", she asks.

    "I'm going out with Kenjii today." Aunt Amy peered at me, almost like she was peering through my soul. I forgot that Aunt Amy didn't know Kenjii's real name.

    "It's the guy from the café yesterday, remember?", I take a seat at the table and start eating.

    "Oh yes, yes. So you finally managed to message them, hm?" She already had the next paper in her hands, it flopping over and hiding her face. 

   "Yes actually. We talked till like 2:00 A.M." I must have been hungry because it only took a short amount of time to finish everything on my plate. 

   "You two must be really interested in each other. It's only been a night.", mentions Aunt Amy. She seemed surprised at this sudden friendship.

   After providing Aunt Amy with her black coffee, I grabbed a pink umbrella and gave Aunt Amy my goodbyes. I waddled through the fresh puddles that lead to Pâtisseries à la crème. Because of the rain, a few people were seeking cover under the canopy shielding the store's entrance and small tables. Some people were inside ordering warm pastries to fend off the cold from their hands and bodies. 

   As I approach, I see Kenjii through the window tapping the screen of his phone. I feel the vibrations from mine in my purse, and decide to check before I get caught up talking to Kenjii. Turns out, the text was from Kenjii. What a coincidence-

Kenjii: I see you
Scarlet: And I see you
Kenjii: Damn I thought I was sneaky
Scarlet: I'm a ninja hehe

   I enter the shop and is greeted by a warm hug from him. His outfit was a little similar to the one they wore at the café a few days before, just with more red.

    I felt relaxed resting my face in their warm chest. They also smelt like a sweet rose. I felt my eyes droop. I stayed up texting Al all last night, so I was still tired and drowsy. Kenjii looked down at me, with a softened smile. "Hi-" His voice softened along with his expression. He must have noticed how tired I was. "Aw, are you sleepy?"

   I looked up and him before pulling away to rub my eyes. I didn't blush as much. I felt like we were much closer, so I felt more comfortable doing and saying things around him. 

   "Mhm a little bit." I yawned as he led me to the table he picked out. He ordered a slice of cheesecake, while I got a slice of red velvet. I took a lactose pill before delicately leading a spoon full of cake to my mouth. It was sweet and the cream cheese was delicious. This place made the BEST cakes.

    "May I?", asked Kenjii. He pointed their fork towards my slice of cake. I nodded my head in response and they took a small chunk out of my slice. He put it in their mouth and let out a moan from the taste.

   "Mmm this is so good," he said with a mouth full. "Can I have some more? I'll let you have some of mine." He swallowed and moved their hair out of their eyes. 

   Once again I spotted his beautiful and attractive features. I got lost observing his lovely face. "Scarlet?" He poked my hand with his fork. 

   "You okay?" I shot back into reality and looked away. "Yeah sorry. You can have some more." I turned back to face him and took some of his cake. Yummy~

    We payed for our delicious treats and ran to a store a few restaurants down. We shopped for a few hours, laughing and smiling. Kenjii even bought me a shirt I wanted! I tried to refuse, but he bought it for me anyways.

    "Wanna go to my place? It's still wet outside and getting pretty late anyways.", asked Kenjii. 

   "Oh, sure! Lemme just text my aunt real quick." I pulled out my phone and texted Aunt Amy where I was going, and we were on our way. When we got to his apartment, it was miraculous how clean it was. The floors were shining, each pillow seemed to be dust-free, and it seemed as if nothing was out of place.

    "You live alone, right?", I asked. We put our bags down on the living room floor. 

   "Mhm. Wanna watch a movie or something? Or do you wanna have a tour.", he answered. I was sleepy, so I wanted to get home as fast as I could.

    "We can just watch a movie, if that's okay. I don't want Aunt Amy to worry if I didn't come back home, ya know?" I sat down on the couch and he did the same. We sat kinda far from each other. It was weird being at his house for the first time.

    "Mhm," he responded. "So, what should we watch?"

    We scrolled through the movies on Netflix before choosing a classic scary movie: The Conjuring. Kenjii found snacks and blankets. As we watched, I had to get close to Kenjii a few times. The movie was scary, and the suspense was earie. At one point, we were cuddling under the same blanket, and we didn't even realize. 

   The movie was almost over, and I was struggling to keep my eyes open. I closed my eyes, about to open them again, but I couldn't. Instead I lay across Kenjii's lap and fell asleep.