6: The Tragedy

In the second age, Ar-Pharazôn, The greedy king of Númenor allied with sauron in the exchange of immortality...
__________________________________________________________________________________

It was a cold morning in Mirkwood. The sky was grey and cloudy, the winds were raging from the west, from the looks of it, it was going to rain.

And yet, on such a gloomy day, our little friends were celebrating...

To understand what, we'll have to go back in time a bit, just three days.

__________________________________________________________________________________

"(Y/n)! (Y/n)!!" Kyle came out running from his room to his best friend, shouting out for her, his whole body shaking.

The young lady looked up at her best friend, a chicken wing still in her mouth.

"What's up?" She answered carelessly, but she noticed the horror and fear on her friend's face and whole body. She quickly got up and took him in a private room.

"Are you okay? What happened?"

Barely holding back his tears, the young man answered, voice shaking.

"L-legolas... H-he saw me.. he knows" looking at his best friend with teary eyes, Kyle barely murmured out the words.

The girl's eyes widened but she quickly regained herself and put on a serious face.

"Okay, it's okay, calm down, you need to calm down first" she helped him sit down and pulled him close in a hug, petting his back.

"Shh... it's okay. Don't worry. I'm here for you"

Eyes shut tightly, kyle kept hugging his friend closer and closer, as if his life depended on it.

After a while of silence, the boy relaxed a bit. They pulled away and (Y/n) started asking questions.

"Are you sure he completely saw you?"

The boy nods.

"Hm. Did he say anything?"

"N-no he... not about... this. He just apologized and clearly didn't know what to do..."

"Alright, so we still have a chance"

"What?"

"I mean, he didn't say anything about it or didn't make any weird gesture, he was just flustered, right?"

"I guess..."

"Do you want me to talk to him?"

"NO. No. Nonono"

"Okay then you talk to him"

"NO!"

"Stop yelling!"

"Sorry-"

The woman sighed, frustrated.

"Listen, Kyle, you need to talk to him about it and figure things out. If you're too afraid I can do it for you"

"Then he'll think I'm a coward or something I dunno"

"You're overthinking this"

"I just... I don't know... " the boy buried his face in his palms, scared, frustrated and desperate.

"I didn't want him to find it out like this... we were just getting close to each other..." voice shaking, Kyle teared up again.

(Y/n) wrapped her arm around him and pulled him close again.